PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's Big East TV Schedule

MU/Panther
02-14-2014, 09:26 AM
DePaul @ Providence, 1:00
FSN: Gary Thorne (play-by-play) & Vin Parise (color)

Xavier @ Marquette, 3:00
FOX: Dick Stockton (play-by-play) and Brevin Knight (analyst)

TheSultan
02-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Ugh...Dick Stockton? Does he even know where Milwaukee is anymore?

I thought we would get Gus and Bill for this one.

MUBasketball
02-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Ugh...Dick Stockton? Does he even know where Milwaukee is anymore?

I thought we would get Gus and Bill for this one.

Yeah kind of an underwhelming crew. Brian Anderson & Jim Jackson (Ohio State announcers) would have been much better.

MU/Panther
02-15-2014, 09:48 AM
I love the voice of Dick Stockton!

TheSultan
02-16-2014, 08:04 AM
I love his voice too, but from all reports he was terrible yesterday with simple basic facts.

ValiantSailor
02-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I love his voice too, but from all reports he was terrible yesterday with simple basic facts.

At least he didn't say we were playing Creighton!

VS

pbiflyer
02-16-2014, 09:20 AM

Come on, he was excited when he announced several times that Otule made the basket. I thought it was good since Otule was on the bench at the time. Later, he said that Gardner was "credited" with the basket. Made it sound like the scorer was wrong, not him.

DCwarrior
02-16-2014, 09:25 AM
Stockton was just brutal. I can't count how many times he mixed up players. At one point in the 1st half, he actually mixed up Jamil Wilson and Semaj from Xavier on two or three consecutive trips down the court. There comes a point where you either need to retire or you have to put in the extra prep time. Stockton clearly put little prep time in for this game. You owe it to the TV viewers to at least know the names of the players and be able to recognize them.