PDA

View Full Version : I thought it would happen, but I honestly can't believe it....

IWB
02-13-2014, 08:08 PM
I was at MU's media availability tonight. I will say that my questions and why I came about asking them is what prompted the theme of this article, but what shocked me were three questions in particular asked by a certain reporter, and yep - my suspicion was dead on.....

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/245461141.htm

"Williams figures the Golden Eagles (14-10, 6-5), who play Creighton at home on Saturday, have to go 5-2 down the stretch and do well in the conference tournament to avoid the NIT."

Yep, three questions about playing Creighton.

MU PLAYS XAVIER ON SATURDAY!

IWB
02-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Practice taking a hard turn

By Michael Hunt of the Journal Sentinel Feb. 13, 2014 6:42 p.m.

Marquette coach Buzz Williams is known for his tough, grueling practices, pre-season workouts and boot camps.

It's not that Williams really ever lets up. But by this point in the season, it's usually been more about game and tournament preparation than going all-out on the practice floor.

But this is a different kind of year for the Golden Eagles. For the first time in mid-February during Williams' tenure, they are not assured of the NCAA Tournament. Right now, they're not even on the bubble. That's why Williams has turned up the dial for the last seven regular-season games and the Big East tournament.

"Practice has moved to a whole different level," freshman forward Deonte Burton said. " It's like boot-camp mentality. It's all or nothing. It's super intense. You might end up bleeding, you never know what might happen."

Williams figures the Golden Eagles (14-10, 6-5), who play Creighton at home on Saturday, have to go 5-2 down the stretch and do well in the conference tournament to avoid the NIT.

Said Burton, "We feel like our backs are against the wall, so we have to perform. We have to push each other to our limits and then pass our limit."

Nukem2
02-13-2014, 08:16 PM
Well, he is only off by 4 days....:p. What a tool...

TulsaWarrior
02-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I think that is where all the criticism is coming from -- it's clear that the JS beat reporter isn't paying attention. When you add it all up it goes beyond repeated typos and slips of the tongue. It's sad because when he wants to he can be a clever writer. His employer isn't holding him accountable and he doesn't seem to care about what the public thinks. With so many other sources for information it's clear he is the least knowledgeable. The least knowledgeable by personal choice.

Goose85
02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
Wow, it is a big game and he doesn't even know who they play. That is beyond lazy and not caring. Does anyone read those blogs before they go online?

MU/Panther
02-13-2014, 08:31 PM
JS is a joke!

Hamostradamus
02-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Make fun if you want, jackasses, but when we do play Creighton, and Hunt is uber-prepared, he'll be the one laughing.

Gato78
02-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Would love to see his response when he figures out we are playing X.

ziggysfryboy
02-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Would love to see his response when he figures out we are playing X.

"huh? what? meh." ---Michael Hunt 2/15/14

CaribouJim
02-14-2014, 05:57 AM
Doesn't someone edit the content before it goes "live"?

Glaring mistake.

IWB, do you know what Buzz thinks of Hunt? I imagine not much from someone who is is hyper prepared and a stickler for details in all things he does to the complete opposite in Hunt.

IWB
02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
I have no clue what he thinks of him.

mufan2003
02-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Someone posted on another message board regarding what Hunt's mindset is before he hits "submit" on his blogs. I could not stop laughing:

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/500947.jpg

MUMac
02-14-2014, 11:00 AM
Hey Jim, if you get a chance, you might want to drop a hint to Hunt that the game time changed. As clueless as he is, I have no doubt that he doesn't know it has changed.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-14-2014, 11:45 AM
Hey Jim, if you get a chance, you might want to drop a hint to Hunt that the game time changed. As clueless as he is, I have no doubt that he doesn't know it has changed.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe he'll show up at 5:00 and not write an article because he missed the game.

IWB
02-14-2014, 12:10 PM
Someone posted on another message board regarding what Hunt's mindset is before he hits "submit" on his blogs. I could not stop laughing:

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/500947.jpg

That was hilarious.