PDA

View Full Version : What I Loved About Last Night

Phantom Warrior
02-05-2014, 11:01 AM
I was only able to watch the second half, but during the run from 10 down until the end, I loved the reactions of JJ, Dawson, and DB on the bench. They were jumping up and down and yelling. Juan was too, but he's always in cheerleader mode when he's not on the court.

I just thought it was a great sign to see the freshmen so into it. It eased my mind just a tad of the possibility that one or more of them may be looking for the proverbial greener pasture.

mutpm
02-05-2014, 11:12 AM
One of the best moments was right after Jamil sat down with his 4th foul. Shortly after that, Jake dove after a ball and crashed into the scorers table. Jamil was the first player off the bench to go help Jake up. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but Jamil picked up his 4th foul with 18 minutes to go. Many players would have sulked or only would have been worrying about himself.

TheSultan
02-05-2014, 11:41 AM
I was only able to watch the second half, but during the run from 10 down until the end, I loved the reactions of JJ, Dawson, and DB on the bench. They were jumping up and down and yelling. Juan was too, but he's always in cheerleader mode when he's not on the court.

I just thought it was a great sign to see the freshmen so into it. It eased my mind just a tad of the possibility that one or more of them may be looking for the proverbial greener pasture.

Phantom...thanks for mentioning this. I completely agree! It does seem that the freshmen are close with one another.

IWB
02-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Also, when Derrick Wilson picked up a key charge in the first half, John Dawson literally dove on to the court stomach down, sliding towards Derrick.

TedBaxter
02-05-2014, 12:17 PM
I had to look at YouTube this morning for some highlights and my favorite was Bill Raftery trying to get Todd Mayo to smile in the post-game interview.

TheSultan
02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
I had to look at YouTube this morning for some highlights and my favorite was Bill Raftery trying to get Todd Mayo to smile in the post-game interview.

Do you have a link to that Ted? I can't seem to find it.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Also, when Derrick Wilson picked up a key charge in the first half, John Dawson literally dove on to the court stomach down, sliding towards Derrick.

I had to replay it a few times to figure out who it was, but it was awesome! Dawson is clearly a team guy judging by his reaction to the charge. Priceless.

Markedman
02-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Luke looked like he was really into the game as well from what I could see.....Fist pumping and clapping at every key basket

unclejohn
02-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Something that gets lost in a disappointing season. This team has a lot of intangibles that are hard for a team to find. Those are a big, big part of a successful program. This has been a disappointing season, and we have lost some close games. But people forget how hard it is to keep those games close. We have lost some games in overtime. It is much easier to lose a game in regulation and not get it to overtime. What struck me last night was when we were down ten to a team we should beat at home, the team did not fall apart, but kept grinding away at it. That is a tough thing to teach a team to learn. This team knows it. That makes a big difference going into the future.