PDA

View Full Version : FYI...Sad news....

IWB
02-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Former and long time MU Band director Dr. Nick Contorno passed away....

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/jsonline/obituary.aspx?n=nicholas-j-contorno&pid=169502384&fhid=8541

Awilhelmscream
02-04-2014, 11:40 AM
I took music theory with Dr. Contorno my Soph year. One of the kindest and most passionate people I met at MU. RIP Dr Contorno.

CaribouJim
02-04-2014, 11:49 AM
When one of my nephews was looking at schools Marquette was in the rotation for consideration. He was/is a mean base guitarist and although MU didn't have a Music major I set up a meeting with me, my nephew and Dr. Nick. He spent an at least an hour with us in his office and told us about the music opportunities at MU and in the Milwaukee clubs. Very nice guy. Nephew graduated from MU a few years ago with an engineering degree, but did play some gigs in Milwaukee while there.

Awilhelmscream
02-04-2014, 04:24 PM
When one of my nephews was looking at schools Marquette was in the rotation for consideration. He was/is a mean base guitarist and although MU didn't have a Music major I set up a meeting with me, my nephew and Dr. Nick. He spent an at least an hour with us in his office and told us about the music opportunities at MU and in the Milwaukee clubs. Very nice guy. Nephew graduated from MU a few years ago with an engineering degree, but did play some gigs in Milwaukee while there.

What year did your nephew graduate?

CaribouJim
02-05-2014, 09:20 AM
What year did your nephew graduate?

I'm thinking 2009 or 2010 or thereabouts.

Awilhelmscream
02-05-2014, 03:15 PM
I'm thinking 2009 or 2010 or thereabouts.

Hmmm. I probably know him. I graduated in 08 and played in bands throughout my 4 years. There weren't many musicians on campus that played shows while I was there.