PDA

View Full Version : I think Buzz is gone

Gato78
03-27-2012, 09:56 AM
He could end this at any time and it is not being ended. My guess is he is gone. I am mightily pissed off--not at Buzz.

CaribouJim
03-27-2012, 10:01 AM
Crap - I've had more of a nervous stomach the last few days than before the 3 NCAA games.

MUMac
03-27-2012, 10:02 AM
If true, MU is dead to me.

mufansince72
03-27-2012, 10:04 AM
If true, MU is dead to me.

I echo your thoughts!

Goose85
03-27-2012, 10:04 AM
Obviously Buzz is conflicted. If he was 100% on board with SMU he'd already be there. If things were great at MU he would have come out and ended the circus.

At first I was thinking the longer this carries on the better for MU (SMU won't wait forever), not sure I still think that anymore.

MayorBeluga
03-27-2012, 10:07 AM
I get the feeling he's gone as well. I am upset at the administration, but Buzz deserves a fair amount of criticism as well.

warriorfan4life
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
I still would be stunned if Buzz made the move (and had it at 20/80 all along, and have it lower now). If it actually happens, it happens today. That said, it is not going to happen and I hope that the people who needed to receive the message have gotten the hint.

IWB
03-27-2012, 10:14 AM
SMU comes calling. MU grants permission for them to speak to him. Buzz is interested in speaking to them. How does that warrant criticism?

All I know is that no decision has been finalized.

MayorBeluga
03-27-2012, 10:16 AM
SMU comes calling. MU grants permission for them to speak to him. Buzz is interested in speaking to them. How does that warrant criticism?

I assume that's directed at me, and I will post more on that if Buzz makes the move. I hope he does not, but his decision will tell me alot about his rhetoric over the past 4 years.

CaribouJim
03-27-2012, 10:18 AM

Did MU grant permission to Arkansas, OK and A&M last year or did that never get past superficial conversations?

geneseewarrior
03-27-2012, 10:21 AM

If this comes to pass, Buzz will have plenty of criticism...

1) He recruited and watches over the players that participated in the events the administration is now clamping down on him
2) If he cant see that some tightening of controls is needed (or disagrees), his ego is in the way
3) To cut and run when the timing gets tough - does not fit the character Buzz professes
4) Best case - he is leveraging SMU for more control / more money (not a good precedent long term)
5) So much for the country-bumpkin, "I'll be here as long as they'll have me" act/bullshit he has been spewing...

This will be largely on the administration, but Buzz has plenty of criticism coming as well (if he does leave now)

MU_Iceman
03-27-2012, 10:29 AM
I still don't see anyway, with the kind of man Buzz is, that he can look all those kids in the eyes and tell them he's leaving. I just can't. That's what I believe in my heart of hearts and what I'm going to cling to.

IWB
03-27-2012, 10:29 AM
Not trying to argue with you here Beluga, but I don't know that his rhetoric over the last four years is relevant. Let me explain.....

Let's say you, Peter, work at the Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory. You love your job, you love the perks (free lunch, workout facility etc). It is great. Let's say you have been there for a handful of years, and tell everyone that you will never leave. You believe in the company and they are a perfect fit for you. Well, one day, Mr. Weid decides to change software platforms, and go to one that you know from a former job, does not work. You raise a concern, but are blasted for not being in agreement with Mr. Weid. Then, you mistakenly add a handicapped friend to the company softball team, and he ends up being the hero, and you are all but forgotten. At the same time, along comes the Play Now Toy Company, offering you more money, the same platform, the same beliefs etc etc. If you change your name to George and accept that new job, will you be accused of being a fake or a liar because you had said you would never leave?

Gato78
03-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Buzz will be open to criticism but you have to admit that the current administration has not done anything publicly to support Buzz so his repsonses are justified on the surface. If the current administration thinks Buzz shouldn't recruit JuCos and have told Buzz this and it has caused the rift (I do not know but suspect) and this is the same year as one of our JuCos is named 2nd Team All-American and another is Honorable Mention All-American, then Buzz is 100% justified in being as POd as he wants. I think the blame etc will never be determined by us because we will never know. We can only speculate.

geneseewarrior
03-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I don't get this part "Then, you mistakenly add a handicapped friend to the company softball team, and he ends up being the hero, and you are all but forgotten"

I see the rest of the analogy...

MUMac
03-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Buzz will be open to criticism but you have to admit that the current administration has not done anything publicly to support Buzz so his repsonses are justified on the surface. If the current administration thinks Buzz shouldn't recruit JuCos and have told Buzz this and it has caused the rift (I do not know but suspect) and this is the same year as one of our JuCos is named 2nd Team All-American and another is Honorable Mention All-American, then Buzz is 100% justified in being as POd as he wants. I think the blame etc will never be determined by us because we will never know. We can only speculate.

Al must be turning over in his grave.

What bugs me, and it has been discussed in intimate detail, most all of the JUCO's are not traditional JUCO's!!!! How short sighted of the Jesuits. :mad:

MUMac
03-27-2012, 10:37 AM
I don't get this part "Then, you mistakenly add a handicapped friend to the company softball team, and he ends up being the hero, and you are all but forgotten"

I see the rest of the analogy...

I took it as JUCO. May be wrong, but that was my interpretation.

MayorBeluga
03-27-2012, 10:40 AM
I took it as JUCO. May be wrong, but that was my interpretation.

It's all from Family Guy and a pretty good analogy. If Buzz stays, I will certainly refrain from posting about how I believe he deserves some (not most) of the blame.

IWB
03-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Happy Go Lucky Toy Factory - Peter Griffen, Family Guy. Was happy and successful at work until he added Joe to his company baseball team, then he was forgotten and it led to his demise.

Play Now Toy Company - George Costanza, Seinfeld. Was happy at work until he took advantage of a certain bathroom, and things changed quickly.

Yes, I used two tv shows, but my point is, just because you say things about your job, doesn't mean that your opinion can't change after major changes occur.

Hell, I loved playing college football. I told people I would never quit. NEVER. Then, in the middle of my junior campaign, I hung it up. Was I full of crap during my freshman and sophomore years when I said I loved it and would never quit? No. Things changed. Didn't make me a liar who was full of sh*t.

CaribouJim
03-27-2012, 10:58 AM
I guess I don't understand the JUCO stance if that is what is the problem - Buzz pretty much had to to get bodies after TC left didn't he? Isn't that kind of snobby to look down on a JUCO. Aren't students off all kinds, including smart kids, going the JUCO route for economic reasons and them seamlessy moving onto a 4-year school? I can't believe that would be the point of contention. Seems to me that the collective alleged misbehaviors would be the boiling point.

Whatever the case, it sucks.

Markedman
03-27-2012, 11:04 AM
So if Buzz goes does Benford get some consideration? Isn't he the guy who could keep most of the incoming class and maybe Wilson and Burton?

Hamostradamus
03-27-2012, 11:12 AM
So if Buzz goes does Benford get some consideration? Isn't he the guy who could keep most of the incoming class and maybe Wilson and Burton?

Did Benford go to Notre Dame? LW wouldn't orchestrate this if he didn't have someone in mind the day he took the job. What AD gets hired to a new University with the mindset of hoping to keep every existing coach?

ziggysfryboy
03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Not trying to argue with you here Beluga, but I don't know that his rhetoric over the last four years is relevant. Let me explain.....

Let's say you, Peter, work at the Happy-Go-Lucky Toy Factory. You love your job, you love the perks (free lunch, workout facility etc). It is great. Let's say you have been there for a handful of years, and tell everyone that you will never leave. You believe in the company and they are a perfect fit for you. Well, one day, Mr. Weid decides to change software platforms, and go to one that you know from a former job, does not work. You raise a concern, but are blasted for not being in agreement with Mr. Weid. Then, you mistakenly add a handicapped friend to the company softball team, and he ends up being the hero, and you are all but forgotten. At the same time, along comes the Play Now Toy Company, offering you more money, the same platform, the same beliefs etc etc. If you change your name to George and accept that new job, will you be accused of being a fake or a liar because you had said you would never leave?

Is this about buzz or Charles Barkley?

Djgoldnboy
03-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Chuck is on my company's basketball team, true story.

ydouask23
03-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Is this about buzz or Charles Barkley?

I wouldn't be salty at buzz at all of he left. I know his rhetoric all along has been about staying at Marquette a very long time but that all goes out the window when you have an asshole athletic director turn your world upside down