PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse/Duke

CaribouJim
02-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Easily best game of the year. Playing a different game than what we witnessed earlier today at MSG.

Inspite of their traitor status was rooting for 'Cause in large part due to their Big East DNA. Will miss those road trips there.

Gato78
02-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Had to be for Duke, which was tough to handle. Cannot support the Iscariot wing of the old BIG EAST in any fashion.

WarriorOMalley82
02-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I have to disagree I was rooting for Syr because I believe Coach K was even more responsible than Syr. I remember Boheim hated the move. I actually am not a Duke hater i used to root for them. Anyway great great great game well played both sides.

Nukem2
02-01-2014, 08:51 PM
I have to disagree I was rooting for Syr because I believe Coach K was even more responsible than Syr. I remember Boheim hated the move. I actually am not a Duke hater i used to root for them. Anyway great great great game well played both sides.+1.....ESPN/ACC are the villians....

MUAlphaBangura
02-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Weirdly found myself rooting for Duke. A place I have not been before.

warriorfan4life
02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
I like Parker as he's a fellow Chicagoan and from all accounts a really good kid (and dream that he would have matriculated to Milwaukee for college). I do take pride in that these are the only two ACC teams that I think are worth a crap and could do anything in March.

MU/Panther
02-02-2014, 04:42 PM
Easily best game of the year.
Maybe.

Arizona-Cal was just as good that night. Oh ya, one was on ESPN.

ValiantSailor
02-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Maybe.

Arizona-Cal was just as good that night. Oh ya, one was on ESPN.

...one was on ESPN at a time when anyone in the country who wanted to, could view it...without losing sleep.

VS

MU/Panther
02-02-2014, 08:31 PM
...one was on ESPN at a time when anyone in the country who wanted to, could view it...without losing sleep.

VS
So, that is how you rate a game.

ValiantSailor
02-02-2014, 09:26 PM
So, that is how you rate a game.

Yup. Sad, isn't it.

Back when I lived on the West Coast, I was up on all Pac-8/Pac-10 teams. Now that I'm on the East Coast, not so much. BTW, I suspect the infamous "West Coast Bias" that affect many ratings polls has the same origin.

I'm not defending it. It is what it is.

VS

MUMac
02-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Yup. Sad, isn't it.

Back when I lived on the West Coast, I was up on all Pac-8/Pac-10 teams. Now that I'm on the East Coast, not so much. BTW, I suspect the infamous "West Coast Bias" that affect many ratings polls has the same origin.

I'm not defending it. It is what it is.

VS

Yep. Hard to follow the Pac 8/10/12 when you are in the Central Time Zone, much less Eastern. They just don't get that many eyes, even when it is a great matchup or game. I heard many talk about the Cuse/Duke game, but outside of MU/Panther, I had not heard nary a sound about Zona/Cal. That is quite interesting, especially since it was an upset of the #1 team. Zona may have been the quietest #1 team in quite some time.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
Arizona was ranked #1?

MU/Panther
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
The problem the fans of the Pac-12 have been saying, many games start during the week at 6pm Pacific Time and many fall on Sundays. Now that is for ESPN/FS1.

In the case of the Zona/Cal, this was part of 5 games on the Pac-12 Networks, which many don't get that channel. I only get it in SD, on my TWC Sports Pass. So, now nobody is talking about it.

On ESPN Sportscenter on ESPN News, they had their music video of Duke/Syracuse, but didn't really cover Zona/Cal to much. It was just as good of a game.

TheSultan
02-03-2014, 11:13 AM
Part of the Pac-12's problem is their scheduling as well. They still have the travel relationship that sends teams to Washington / Washington St., Oregon / Oregon St.

Now this saves money and reduces travel time, but it also means that the only weeknights they play are usually Wednesday and Thursday.

MU/Panther
02-03-2014, 05:48 PM
Good to see for the game of college basketball, Duke/Syr got the 4th highest regular season tv rating on ESPN 2.7

MU/Panther
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Part of the Pac-12's problem is their scheduling as well. They still have the travel relationship that sends teams to Washington / Washington St., Oregon / Oregon St.

Now this saves money and reduces travel time, but it also means that the only weeknights they play are usually Wednesday and Thursday.
I love that ESPN has Bill Walton with Dave Pasch for Pac-12 games on ESPN. Can't wait for Wed & Thur!