PDA

View Full Version : Lubick's half court dive....

MUAlphaBangura
02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
with a minute to go in the game against Mich St. was awesome! Laid out completely for the ball with no regard for his body. We do not have ONE guy on our team willing to do this. Sad. He also got screwed on a block call that was clearly a charge. Love the little things he does for Gtown. Great win for Gtown and the conference. Does this mean we are better than Michigan State? ;)

Nukem2
02-01-2014, 04:29 PM
G-Town also much better with Trawick back from injury.

Smee
02-03-2014, 09:19 AM
We have players that would make that dive. Jamil dove over the scorers table and keyed a victory. Juan Anderson would walk over coals if asked. Derek Wilson stole the ball at half court against Providence and tipped it back to Jamil and then went down hard on his back. I guaranty that Deonte and Chris would do that too.

MUAlphaBangura
02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
We have players that would make that dive. Jamil dove over the scorers table and keyed a victory. Juan Anderson would walk over coals if asked. Derek Wilson stole the ball at half court against Providence and tipped it back to Jamil and then went down hard on his back. I guaranty that Deonte and Chris would do that too.

I don't want to get too far into this as my intent is not at all to take away from our guys. But I think any toughness Jamil has is cosmetic. He is not a physical, do whatever you have to do kind of player. Nobody hustles more than Juan, but I don't equate toughness by how much a player hustles. Derrick is probably as close to a tough as nails player as we have. Deonte isn't close yet, though he has all the tools. Sorry, but IMO, our guys just don't have that "tough sob" personality. It's just not in them.

Goose85
02-04-2014, 09:07 AM
I've seen some fans in my section lay out in an attempt to try and grab one of the parachute drop give aways.

ziggysfryboy
02-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I've seen some fans in my section lay out in an attempt to try and grab one of the parachute drop give aways.

love it when that happens and the t-shirt falls off. "look, I broke 3 ribs to get a parachute!"

Goose85
02-04-2014, 09:49 AM
love it when that happens and the t-shirt falls off. "look, I broke 3 ribs to get a parachute!"

Or spill an $8 beer for a $5 t-shirt that is two sizes too small.

Smee
02-04-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't have to worry about such things. We are in a t-shirt free zone. I think there is too much hot air rising from some of the people by me (okay maybe me too) and we create enough pressure to keep the area free from the parachutes. Never been close to one.