PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comparison...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-01-2014, 10:28 AM
So I decided to compare Louisville and Marquette on this CBS tool and for a team most would consider a lock we aren't That far off: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology/team-comparison/MARQET/LVILLE

Our only real flaws so far is a lot of terrible opponents, and missed opportunities against the top 50...

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Great post and that's a pretty sweet tool.

What the hell am I missing - joey brackets has them as a 4 seed??

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
They are definitely not a 4 seed with that resume... I think that's him not doing his homework. That said imagine how different our resume looks if we win two or more of the Nova, Xavier, SDSU, Wisconsin, or New Mexico games... We were in most of those... I think at the end of the day that will be the story of the season, we may have missed too many early opportunities, you convert two of those and it's a whole new look.

And honestly the last thing that will hurt us is our overall record, being that close to .500 just looks bad and we have heard a lot more about how the committee is using the eye test.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Hindsight is always 20-20 but Buzz's unwillingness to make changes to the lineup sooner may end up being our demise - may have stuck within his comfort zone for a little too long.