PDA

View Full Version : OT: Re-drafting the 2013 NBA lottery: Giannis Antetokounmpo the new No. 1 pick per SI

CaribouJim
01-31-2014, 03:56 PM
http://nba.si.com/2014/01/31/2013-nba-draft-redraft-giannis-antetokounmpo/?eref=sihp

1. Cavaliers – Giannis Antetokounmpo, SG
Original pick: Anthony Bennett

By no means am I ready for initiation into the Cult of Giannis, but such a remarkable 19-year-old prospect at a position of weakness for the Cavs might be too good to pass up. Anteotkounmpo clearly benefits from substandard competition. There aren’t any immediate stars of this bunch, and thus it seems prudent for Cleveland to make a play for a young, versatile contributor who could well become the best talent of this class.

Goose85
01-31-2014, 04:14 PM
That is why this year is so important for the Bucks to be bad enough to get in the top 4 in this draft.

Last year the top 5 brought you Bennett, Oladipo, Porter, Zeller and Len. My guess is none of those would crack the top 5 this year.

There is not a LeBron type in every draft, so the Bucks need to be bad this year.

A lot of potential for Giannis, especially if paired with a star from this year's draft and if Henson continues to develop.

bleedbluegold03
01-31-2014, 04:24 PM
B Knight
A Wiggins
G Antetokounmpo
J Henson
L Saunders

I would actually buy tickets to see that team play. After years of being the laughing stock of the draft - Joe Alexander, Yi Jianlian - Bucks have put some solid picks back-to-back considering their always in that limbo range of just outside of the Lottery.

Clearly you need whoever's picked this year to be "the star" but Giannis could be a good 2 option and Henson or Saunders a decent 3.

Goose85
01-31-2014, 04:29 PM
B Knight
A Wiggins
G Antetokounmpo
J Henson
L Saunders

I would actually buy tickets to see that team play. After years of being the laughing stock of the draft - Joe Alexander, Yi Jianlian - Bucks have put some solid picks back-to-back considering their always in that limbo range of just outside of the Lottery.

Clearly you need whoever's picked this year to be "the star" but Giannis could be a good 2 option and Henson or Saunders a decent 3.

I too would go and see that team play and support a youth movement with an actual chance of turning into something.