PDA

View Full Version : Fans were booing last night?

MUBasketball
01-31-2014, 03:10 PM
I hear on the radio mention of Marquette fans booing last night...did anybody hear it? I didn't. I thought the host might have got bad information but then he read a quote from Buzz talking about it so I gues it's legit.

MU/Panther
01-31-2014, 03:17 PM
I was at the MU game and didn't hear it. I'm sure someone did and someone makes it out to be as the "MU crowd"

MUBasketball
01-31-2014, 03:20 PM
I was at the MU game and didn't hear it. I'm sure someone did and someone makes it out to be as the "MU crowd"

I didn't hear it either, so I was a little surprised that Buzz mentioned it after the game. Maybe just an obnoxious fan or two sitting closer to the court?

TheSultan
01-31-2014, 03:20 PM
It was clear on the television audio.

kneelb4zerg
01-31-2014, 03:24 PM
I was there and I heard it. Lengthy discussion about it in the insider threads.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-31-2014, 03:27 PM
I didn't hear it, but I'm up in the 400s, so that may explain me missing it.

MUBasketball
01-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Wow, can't believe I didn't notice it.

Why are so many sports fans morons? Providence was obviously going to make a run.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-31-2014, 03:29 PM
I sit in 401 and I heard it loud and clear, would have been real hard to miss from where I was.

kneelb4zerg
01-31-2014, 03:30 PM
Wow, can't believe I didn't notice it.

Why are so many sports fans morons? Providence was obviously going to make a run.

My take is that the booing was specifically directed at Jake for airballing a three. Other people seem to disagree. There was booing directed at the refs at various points but this was different and rather specific in my opinion.

MU Viking
01-31-2014, 03:45 PM
The refs were getting some (deserved) boos and Bronx cheers last night. The second half especially was poorly officiated, I felt.

Gato78
01-31-2014, 03:46 PM
I disagree. I was booing at the refs. The Mayor pointed out on the Premium board the several bad calls in a row that resulted in the booing. Some may have been booing at Jake (and if so, they are classless idiots) but the fact is there were a few of us in our section booing at the refs as a result of the calls. I don't boo college kids and I am pretty sure no one in our section does because I sit in front of the players' parents.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-31-2014, 04:41 PM
There were definitely boos at the refs, but there was also definitely boos right after Jake air balled the wide open 3. I was really shocked when I first heard them but it would be hard to justify the boos at that very moment as boos towards the refs because they came right after his shot and there was no way people could believe he was fouled because there was nobody within 20 ft of him.

MU/Panther
01-31-2014, 06:04 PM
I didn't hear it either, so I was a little surprised that Buzz mentioned it after the game. Maybe just an obnoxious fan or two sitting closer to the court?Was that the postgame on the radio? I pulled in my driveway, so I missed the end.

MUMac
01-31-2014, 08:42 PM
There were definitely boos at the refs, but there was also definitely boos right after Jake air balled the wide open 3. I was really shocked when I first heard them but it would be hard to justify the boos at that very moment as boos towards the refs because they came right after his shot and there was no way people could believe he was fouled because there was nobody within 20 ft of him.

Yep. That is how I saw it and said as much on the Insider Board. The booing at that time being attributed to the officiating is not even a stretch. It is wrong.

Nukem2
01-31-2014, 10:15 PM
Yep. That is how I saw it and said as much on the Insider Board. The booing at that time being attributed to the officiating is not even a stretch. It is wrong.
The booing must have been very localized. Did not hear anything aimed at players from our section.....

MUMac
02-01-2014, 11:03 AM
The booing must have been very localized. Did not hear anything aimed at players from our section.....

I could not make the game and watched it on TV. It was fairly pronounced on TV.

MUBB713
02-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I could not make the game and watched it on TV. It was fairly pronounced on TV.

Just watched the the second half this morning. The boos were very audible at about the 8:45 mark after Jake missed his third three. There was absolutely no reason why fans would be booing the officials at that time. I don't agree with the boos because it was a good look from a player who has made some big shots this year.

MUfan12
02-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Their effort level in the first half today might justify it.