PDA

View Full Version : Badger and Buckeye meltdowns...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Wow, talk about a tale of two seasons, these two programs are just tumbling these last two weeks... Not sure what I'd prefer, a rough season all the way through (like we have to date) or a real hot start and a collapse near the end.

kneelb4zerg
01-29-2014, 10:36 PM
I like seeing the badgers lose as much as anybody but it's not a meltdown. It's not even February.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-29-2014, 10:40 PM
Losing 4 of 5 including a home loss to a .500 Northwestern team? I guess it depends how you define it but starting 16-0 I'd hope for more.

Goose85
01-29-2014, 11:16 PM
If Northwestern could break a press it would have been a real lopsided loss. Not sure what to think of Bucky now, but I believe they have a favorable Big 10 slate.

mutpm
01-30-2014, 06:04 AM
They have had a favorable slate. They have only played 2 games against teams with a winning conference record and both of those were at home. They get OSU on Saturday, that will be a game of 2 desperate teams.

MUMac
01-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Their favorable schedule included MSU and OSU at home with no return date. That, of course, was before they lost to Michigan and Northwestern at home and could have lost to Iowa at home as well.

They last few years they were not a good 3 point shooting team. They were on a tear earlier this year and now they are cold (as they were last year). Add to that,they have no interior defense and the teams have figured that out.

IrwinFletcher
01-30-2014, 07:34 AM
I am amazed that over the years Wisconsin seems to always get the better of the conference schedule by playing the top contenders only once and many times at home. Works out again this year with the MSU/OSU as stated above.

Not sure how it always works out for them but they appear to get the breaks.

OSU and MSU still at home. At Michigan and at Iowa still on their schedule. And they always have trouble at PSU. Could be looking at 11-7 in conference which no one would have thought in December.

Goose85
01-30-2014, 09:19 AM
Wisconsin plays Ohio State at home. When was the last time Bucky lost back to back home games?

Ohio State is 3-5 in conference. A loss would really put them in tough shape as they have to go to Iowa next. An Ohio State win and Wisconsin and Ohio State both are likely to fall out of the rankings. Shaping up to be a big game.

Intersting that if Ohio State falls out of the rankings, the teams other that Wisconsin ranked in the Big 10 would be Iowa, Michigan and Mich St., and Wisconsin plays both Iowa and Michigan twice, but gets Michigan State at home, much like Ohio State.

Markedman
01-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Last night……They have now lost back to back home games to Michigan and Northwestern….

Wisconsin plays Ohio State at home. When was the last time Bucky lost back to back home games?

Ohio State is 3-5 in conference. A loss would really put them in tough shape as they have to go to Iowa next. An Ohio State win and Wisconsin and Ohio State both are likely to fall out of the rankings. Shaping up to be a big game.

Intersting that if Ohio State falls out of the rankings, the teams other that Wisconsin ranked in the Big 10 would be Iowa, Michigan and Mich St., and Wisconsin plays both Iowa and Michigan twice, but gets Michigan State at home, much like Ohio State.

Goose85
01-30-2014, 11:04 AM
You got me Markedman - forgot Purdue was on the road.
Next two home games are Ohio State and Michigan State. It will be interesting to see if home woes continue.

mufan2003
01-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I took a glance at UW's schedule. Before conference play, UW looked to benefit with playing Michigan State and Ohio State each once at home....Michigan State is strong but Ohio State is clearly not playing well. Now looking at it, @Iowa and @Michigan look tougher than originally thought for UW.