PDA

View Full Version : Provdience on Thursday

Nukem2
01-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Looking at PC's stats and find that the Friars have a seriously short rotation ( especially without Kris Dunn, who is out for the year ). In conference play, the 7 man rotation has averaged the following minutes: Cotton-42.6, Henton-40.6, Harris-31.3, Batts-30.9, Fortune-33.0, Desrosiers-21.0 and Bancroft 11.0...... The rest of the team has totaled 39 minutes in 7 games.

A team with good size and good guards. Bryce Cotton will be a real challenge for MU, while Henton, Batts Harris and DesRosiers will be the best interior MU has faced since New Mexico and SDSU.

Will be a very interesting game.

kneelb4zerg
01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
Seems pointless to mention this , but for us to have any chance at making the tourney I think we need to finish clear of Providence, which probably means we need to beat them twice.

Nukem2
01-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Seems pointless to mention this , but for us to have any chance at making the tourney I think we need to finish clear of Providence, which probably means we need to beat them twice.Yes, this is a very important game. Need to get those home wins for sure.

warriorfan4life
01-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Seems pointless to mention this , but for us to have any chance at making the tourney I think we need to finish clear of Providence, which probably means we need to beat them twice.

I actually disagree with this. I believe that is important for there to be separation from 5th-6th, but the power ratings allow for 5 Big East teams. Right now, four have pretty clearly taken their spots (Nova, Creighton, X, Prov). A fifth looks unlikely at this point, but if Marquette or Georgetown finish really strong (we probably need 12-6, they likely need 11-7), it would not matter if Providence is also in that 11-7 range.

I think this is a game where we should extend the defense and make Providence exert effort in initiating the offense. Even if PC takes advantage of the pressure at times, this can wear them down and allow us to take control the last few minutes of the game.

kneelb4zerg
01-26-2014, 01:37 PM
I actually disagree with this. I believe that is important for there to be separation from 5th-6th, but the power ratings allow for 5 Big East teams. Right now, four have pretty clearly taken their spots (Nova, Creighton, X, Prov). A fifth looks unlikely at this point, but if Marquette or Georgetown finish really strong (we probably need 12-6, they likely need 11-7), it would not matter if Providence is also in that 11-7 range.

I think this is a game where we should extend the defense and make Providence exert effort in initiating the offense. Even if PC takes advantage of the pressure at times, this can wear them down and allow us to take control the last few minutes of the game.

So what if we are 12-6, GT 11-7, Prov 11-7?

warriorfan4life
01-26-2014, 01:38 PM
So what if we are 12-6, GT 11-7, Prov 11-7?

All three likely get in.

Edit: This would mean that there would have to be a large separation (3 or more games) between sixth and seventh in the league. This also means that one of the top 3 teams likely slid to 11-7 or 10-8 in the league (most likely Xavier).

kneelb4zerg
01-26-2014, 01:41 PM
All three likely get in.

Edit: This would mean that there would have to be a large separation (3 or more games) between sixth and seventh in the league. This also means that one of the top 3 teams likely slid to 11-7 or 10-8 in the league (most likely Xavier).

So that's probably not going to happen anyway.