PDA

View Full Version : Nova game

Nukem2
01-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Tomorrow's game against Nova is going to be a tough matchup for MU. As Nova is a heavily perimeter oriented team playing 9 guys who average 11.4 minutes or more. Their frontline consists of Pinkston/Jenkins at PF and Ochefu at C.PG Arcidiacono is 6'3 and the others are all 6'5" or 6'6" and they can shoot. I fear the jumbo lineup will not be very effective. Our guards will be under a lot of pressure. A tough test for Buzz's guy.

IrwinFletcher
01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
I am curious to see how Buzz comes out to start the game. Agreed the jumbo lineup is not going to work. Does he start Otule for the jump and then sub in Davante right away.

Will we see STJ and Jamil along with 3 guards during the course of the game?

Interesting to see what happens.

warriorfan4life
01-24-2014, 11:01 AM
I think Deonte may be an X factor here. More guys his size and this could potentially be a more open game (though it behooves MU to slow the pace in this game).

MUfan12
01-24-2014, 12:03 PM
I think Deonte may be an X factor here. More guys his size and this could potentially be a more open game (though it behooves MU to slow the pace in this game).

To a degree. When MU plays slow offensively, things get really ugly. My bigger concern is limiting Nova's transition opportunities.

MUMac
01-24-2014, 12:05 PM
This could be a game where JJJ helps. I hope the ankle is better and he can give some solid minutes. Mayo needs to bring the good Todd to this game.