PDA

View Full Version : who woulda thunk on Jan 1

ziggysfryboy
01-23-2014, 08:05 AM
that both MU and UW would be 3-3 in conference 3 weeks later.

MU/Panther
01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
That is a fun stat! Difference is UW has many good non-conference wins and MU has one in GW.

TheSultan
01-23-2014, 09:01 AM
UW has had complete defensive breakdowns the last three games. Teams are getting into the lane pretty much at will.

AbovetheRim
01-23-2014, 09:54 AM
UW has had complete defensive breakdowns the last three games. Teams are getting into the lane pretty much at will.

I don't typically make a habit of watching Bucky play, but is Gasser's injury from last year a factor? He was once regarded as a very good defender.

MayorBeluga
01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
The other thing that surprised The Mayor last night was the way Decker was complaining to the refs all night. Hizzoner doesn't recall that happening last year. Perhaps Bo has been rubbing off on Decker.

TheSultan
01-23-2014, 09:59 AM
I don't typically make a habit of watching Bucky play, but is Gasser's injury from last year a factor? He was once regarded as a very good defender.

I think it's a problem with a lack of interior defense. Kaminsky is OK, but he's not exactly fleet of foot.

Nukem2
01-23-2014, 10:15 AM
I think it's a problem with a lack of interior defense. Kaminsky is OK, but he's not exactly fleet of foot.And, when Kaminsky is in foul trouble, the interior defense gets worse.

MU_Iceman
01-23-2014, 10:26 AM
Honestly, if you couldn't see they were frauds in the non conference, I don't know what to tell you. Everyone will think i'm just bagging on UW because I hate them, but I'm really not...I told people i'm close to "wait until they get into the B10 season, the bloom will come off that rose real soon". Talent wise, this is not one of Bo's better teams, and you are seeing that now. They may very well be one of the most "play above your heads/talent level" teams in NCAA history. Truth be told, if Mccaffrey doesn't get ejected, they would have lost to Iowa at home too and they'd be 2-4. They are lucky to be 3-3.

I smell another loss @ Purdue Saturday, a place UW has not played well over the years. Kudos to Crean for laying the blueprint on how to beat them.

ziggysfryboy
01-23-2014, 10:30 AM
SportsCenter‏@SportsCenter2 hrs
Crazy stat of the day: Ohio State, Oregon, Wisconsin and Iowa State started the year a combined 58-0. Since then? 0-14.

TWITTA TRACKA

Nukem2
01-23-2014, 10:35 AM
SportsCenter‏@SportsCenter2 hrs
Crazy stat of the day: Ohio State, Oregon, Wisconsin and Iowa State started the year a combined 58-0. Since then? 0-14.

TWITTA TRACKABut, the Badgers have 3 conference wins.....

Markedman
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
With the graduation of Bruisewitz, Berggren, and Evans they basically traded offense for defense.

Ultimately they are still a good team but they do have a fatal flaw that will likely keep them from making a long tournament run.

Never seen a Badger team give up over 70 points 5 games in a row……

Top half of the Big 10 is very tough

With all of their flaws they are still 5-2 against the top 50 and 8-3 against the top 100…...

warriorfan4life
01-23-2014, 10:56 AM
Looks like there is a fairly clear distinction developing from top half (Sparty, Bucky, Iowa, OSU, Michigan, Minnesota) and bottom half (Illini, Indiana, Purdue, NW, Penn State, Nebraska) of the B1G. Richard Pitino is turning out to be an inspired hire by the Goofs. What I thought may be 8 bids for the league in December looks more like 6 now.

MU_Iceman
01-23-2014, 10:57 AM
With the graduation of Bruisewitz, Berggren, and Evans they basically traded offense for defense.

Ultimately they are still a good team but they do have a fatal flaw that will likely keep them from making a long tournament run.

Never seen a Badger team give up over 70 points 5 games in a row……

Top half of the Big 10 is very tough

With all of their flaws they are still 5-2 against the top 50 and 8-3 against the top 100…...

Keep in mind, that one of those top 50 wins was a "gift" win against a less than full strength(that's putting it lightly) Florida team. Florida has all their guns that game, that was another loss.

Markedman
01-23-2014, 11:08 AM
the thing that was amazing about last nights game is MN lost their leading scorer in the first minute of the game and they still scored 80 points!

MUfan12
01-23-2014, 11:17 AM
But, the Badgers have 3 conference wins.....

Yes, their first three B1G games, which are included in the 58-0 stat.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Keep in mind, that one of those top 50 wins was a "gift" win against a less than full strength(that's putting it lightly) Florida team. Florida has all their guns that game, that was another loss.

Dude...let it go already. UW won the game. That's all that matters.

MU_Iceman
01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Dude...let it go already. UW won the game. That's all that matters.

If you say so.

Nukem2
01-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes, their first three B1G games, which are included in the 58-0 stat.
The tweet did state at the start of the year. Obviously, UW won 3 games after that.

MUMac
01-23-2014, 09:45 PM
The tweet did state at the start of the year. Obviously, UW won 3 games after that.

Nope. It said they "started the year", not at the start of the calendar year. It is from the beginning of their season until they lost their first game. Not since January 1.