PDA

View Full Version : If marquette could trade for one player

TulsaWarrior
01-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Green Bay's point guard would be such a catalyst for Marquette. The Golden Eagle's big screening for this guy would be unbelievable. http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10329154

Nukem2
01-22-2014, 03:02 PM
He would be Buzz's favorite "midget"..... :)

GOMU1104
01-22-2014, 03:26 PM
Can he shoot?

I know you love UWGB, but there's probably at least 25 players that would make us better.

Djgoldnboy
01-22-2014, 03:29 PM
We had him, he just decided to leave.

Markedman
01-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Gary Harris....Marcus Smart....Kane.....Napier...Carson........McDermott ....

As Go said...the list goes on and on....Sykes is a nice player but he would be WAY down my list.....

TheSultan
01-22-2014, 03:35 PM
You can have your 5'11" point guard. I'll take Doug McDermott.

Nukem2
01-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Come on guys, Tulsa is just talking about someone who would be a catalyst for this team, not a super stud . Sykes probably would be a catalyst. MU could not stop him last season.

Gato78
01-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Sykes is probably the best college player in the state right now--yes, better than Sam Dekker and Davante and Jamil. He was under recruited for sure and would have made a huge difference on our team. He is still little known nationally. What is wrong with saying he would have taken this team from where it is today and make it a top 10 team? I think that is true.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-22-2014, 05:27 PM
One guy I'd really be interested in for this team is TJ Taylor. Granted, he hasn't really been a point guard, but he's been pretty good and was expected to be here. Averaging close to double-digit scoring, can score inside and outside, and is a great rebounding guard. I think he would compliment Derrick better than Jake has, and despite a couple rough forays early in the season, has been more consistent than Mayo. Definite combo guard that could slide over and is probably more refined than anyone else on the roster as a guy to spell Derrick (though yes, Dawson was great against GT). Wish he was still here.

kneelb4zerg
01-22-2014, 05:36 PM
One guy I'd really be interested in for this team is TJ Taylor. Granted, he hasn't really been a point guard, but he's been pretty good and was expected to be here. Averaging close to double-digit scoring, can score inside and outside, and is a great rebounding guard. I think he would compliment Derrick better than Jake has, and despite a couple rough forays early in the season, has been more consistent than Mayo. Definite combo guard that could slide over and is probably more refined than anyone else on the roster as a guy to spell Derrick (though yes, Dawson was great against GT). Wish he was still here.

Good call. Easy to forget about him bc he was barely here. Too bad and nobody even seems to have a good handle on why he left.

MUCookie30
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Sykes is probably the best college player in the state right now--yes, better than Sam Dekker and Davante and Jamil. He was under recruited for sure and would have made a huge difference on our team. He is still little known nationally. What is wrong with saying he would have taken this team from where it is today and make it a top 10 team? I think that is true.

I agree with all this. Not only would Sykes fill a need as a PG, he also brings intensity and leadership. He has a real shot to make an NBA roster.

TulsaWarrior
01-22-2014, 05:55 PM
TJ would be helpful to this team. Sykes can drive and shoot from the outside. He's super quick and with the new rule emphasis he would compliment the talent on the current Marquette squad. The Golden Eagles don't have a player with his consistency in the backcourt. He has a super attitude and is a team first player.

TheSultan
01-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Come on guys, Tulsa is just talking about someone who would be a catalyst for this team, not a super stud . Sykes probably would be a catalyst. MU could not stop him last season.

The thread is "if marquette could trade for one player." Sue me for taking it literally.

Nukem2
01-22-2014, 08:01 PM
The thread is "if marquette could trade for one player." Sue me for taking it literally.
I don't think Tulsa was going that far, he was speaking of a "catalyst". Sometimes headlines are misleading...?

MUMac
01-22-2014, 08:12 PM
I don't think Tulsa was going that far, he was speaking of a "catalyst". Sometimes headlines are misleading...?

It was provocative and he gave his opinion of who it should be to open the discussion. I see nothing wrong with his post nor opinion. Nor did I find anything wrong with the responses. I like the thread topic.

I like McDermott, but a tough as nails PG who can score in a myriad of ways would be huge. I do like Sykes game.

GOMU1104
01-22-2014, 08:16 PM

Because he wouldn't make us a top-10 team.