PDA

View Full Version : McKay Update

Nukem2
01-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Per his tweet, McKay is applying for a waiver to play first semester next year. Joshua Smith received such a waiver this year; but Ben Howland did say he was too fat and Smith was embarrassed...:p Seriously, don't think he should qualify for a waiver as it was his choice to move on whereas Joshua Smith was shown the door....?

TheSultan
01-21-2014, 02:13 PM
Part of the problem is that the entire story about the Smith waiver has yet to be fully revealed right? I mean, there has to be *some* reason why Smith was cleared to play but others in a similar boat were not.

If it were just random, Luke Fischer might want to apply. Who knows?

Nukem2
01-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Part of the problem is that the entire story about the Smith waiver has yet to be fully revealed right? I mean, there has to be *some* reason why Smith was cleared to play but others in a similar boat were not.

If it were just random, Luke Fischer might want to apply. Who knows?Probably safe to say that Smith was shown the door and UCLA agreed to that with the NCAA...? He certainly went way too far from home to claim any kind of family hardship waiver.

2013UnleashTheBeast
01-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Per his tweet, McKay is applying for a waiver to play first semester next year. Joshua Smith received such a waiver this year; but Ben Howland did say he was too fat and Smith was embarrassed...:p Seriously, don't think he should qualify for a waiver as it was his choice to move on whereas Joshua Smith was shown the door....?

Well Buzz suggested that McKay might benefit from a red shirt year, so maybe there's a"feelings hurt" waiver he could apply for like Smith.

IWB
01-22-2014, 11:08 AM
I imagine the NCAA wouldn't take too kindly to McKay tweeting this. Puts them on the spot before they even open the case.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-22-2014, 05:36 PM
I imagine the NCAA wouldn't take too kindly to McKay tweeting this. Puts them on the spot before they even open the case.

Boy. There's a shock. McKay tweeting something before he's supposed to, potentially upsetting a good situation before things are even put into motion. Imagine my surprise, he's usually so responsible when it comes to using social media :rolleyes: