PDA

View Full Version : Jamil

TheSultan
01-21-2014, 08:39 AM
I'm going to give him some credit against Georgetown. Even though his shot wasn't falling, he played a very solid game...played 44 of 45 minutes. 10/6/5....good defense. And never got in foul trouble.

Jimmy Butler had a couple of games like this as a senior...including the NCAA tournament game against Syracuse. Struggled offensively but you couldn't take him off the floor because he did everything else well. That is the type of thing we need from Jamil.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Sultan - good post, I personally thought he played real well even if the shots werent falling (and a few shots were poor selection).

I will also say that having DW and Otule not on the floor relieves Jamil from having to be the man and put up 15-20 a night.

warriorfan4life
01-21-2014, 08:47 AM
I wish that he would took more of a leading role on offense, but he is really valuable on defense with his length and ability to guard multiple positions. At the end of the game, I was mad that Jamil's primary man was their walk-on and wanted him on Starks or Smith-Rivera. He will never have Jimmy's ability to get to the basket at will and get a ton of free throws, but he is just as valuable on defense and could end up being our Joker on that end (and if Dawson plays more for his offense, we may need to hide him at times on the defensive end).