PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Post game comments??

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Anyone hear any or able to share? Thanks.

Markedman
01-18-2014, 05:44 PM
Not much. to say...we had some good looks.....hard to win when you score only 5 baskets in the 2nd half......He liked the aggressiveness that Derrick showed....talked about the turnovers being too high again....

You get the sense that he knows their is little he can do if they can't make a shot.....Said their would be 2 desperate teams playing monday....

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks.

Did we have a ton of open looks in the 2nd half? I felt like Mayo did but other than that I didnt feel like we created many from our offense. I thought it was more than just missing open shots in the 2nd half---thought it had more to do with a lack of creating open shots. Am I totally off here?

Markedman
01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
We don't have guys that can really create off the dribble....we had some open looks but when you lack confident offensive players(other then Gardner) you tend to try to turn good shots into great shots and end up with bad shots.......I think that is what is happening....teams know how to play us.....it has to be the easiest scout in the world....Double Gardner and even Jamil on the block and make them give it up....play off of Derrick and guard Jake closely on the perimeter because he can't drive by you and won't even try. Make this team beat you from the perimeter and don't put them on the line and they will have trouble scoring in the half court.

unclejohn
01-18-2014, 08:10 PM
We shot a miserable 17% in the second half. Buzz was going through the numbers as he does, but it came down to making about five baskets. You can't win if you can't score. But he didn't sound disappointed in the team. It was kind of strange. He talked about how they played to the game plan and several players played very well. I think it was kind of like he thought there was not much else he could or should have done this game. This team just is what it is.

TulsaWarrior
01-18-2014, 08:16 PM
From the ashes of defeat. Maybe not this season but this will make Marquette a better team in the future. Buzz is always learning. I'm a Marquette fan and I believe.