MU/Panther
01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Providence @ St. John's, 6:00
Fox Sports 1: Justin Kutcher, Ron Thompson

Arizona St. @ 1 Arizona, 8:00
Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery

Markedman
01-16-2014, 06:14 PM
16-4 Friars....ST Johns is just a mess...all that talent and they play one on one street ball.....Lavin's seat might get hot after this season....

warriorfan4life
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
16-4 Friars....ST Johns is just a mess...all that talent and they play one on one street ball.....Lavin's seat might get hot after this season....

Lavin has proven that talent will still come to St. John's ("unique" recruiting methods and all), but now they can get a coach that recruits and coaches well?! I think they could hire a pretty damn good coach. At this point, they need to move on from Lavin ASAP.

MUBasketball
01-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Lavin has proven that talent will still come to St. John's ("unique" recruiting methods and all), but now they can get a coach that recruits and coaches well?! I think they could hire a pretty damn good coach. At this point, they need to move on from Lavin ASAP.

The Johnnies lose again...what a disaster.

IrwinFletcher
01-17-2014, 08:10 AM
I get tired of the National Pundits heaping praise on Lavin and STJ over the past couple of years. But his teams consistently under achieve. Sooooo much talent and sooooo little discipline on his squads.

That is a program that needs to let a coach go and bring in someone new. Otherwise, this is their future.

Gato78
01-17-2014, 08:47 AM
This was his problem at UCLA.

Nukem2
01-17-2014, 08:53 AM
This was his problem at UCLA.At the end, yes. Though in his first 6 years, UCLA was in the NCAAs each year with an Elite 8 and 4 Sweet 16s. The wheels fell off his last two seasons ending in a 10-19 record his final season. The big problem at UCLA is that his teams did not play defense and relied on outscoring the opponent. Really showed up his last 2 seasons there.