PDA

View Full Version : Buzz' Show

GOMU1104
01-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Probably one of the best shows in a while. Goes into the dynamics of transfers and recruiting. Really interesting stuff from Buzz. Has good nuggets on former players.

Great line too from Buzz: "The NCAA, in their infinite wisdom, those that are still employed..."

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=71&c=766&f=2315923

jpvegas52
01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Interesting comment from Buzz, that he told Cottingham, Wild and Broeker, that because of the way he is going to run his program, expect someone to transfer out every year.

TulsaWarrior
01-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I think he was commenting on the nature of college basketball these days. Buzz is so candid it could frighten a pampered athlete. The story he told on the Durley situation shows how Buzz operates and he should be commended for that kind of openness with a recruit. Last night's show was outstanding. It's great to have a coaches' show without the typical "coach Speak" bs that we have all heard and grown to expect from most people in the profession.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-16-2014, 02:18 PM
It's great to have a coaches' show without the typical "coach Speak" bs that we have all heard and grown to expect from most people in the profession.

Agreed that from an entertainment standpoint it's great to have a coach tell it like it is---makes for entertaining listening. However, is being that open and candid to the media (outside of closed team doors) the best approach to take? You can certainly make an argument on both sides of the coin.

TheSultan
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
Agreed that from an entertainment standpoint it's great to have a coach tell it like it is---makes for entertaining listening. However, is being that open and candid to the media (outside of closed team doors) the best approach to take? You can certainly make an argument on both sides of the coin.

Authenticity is by far an attribute that the listener appreciates. And frankly, in my experience, those who speak authentically by far are given the benefit of the doubt by most people...including the media.

Markedman
01-16-2014, 02:31 PM
I believe he said because of the way he coaches...not the way he runs his program.....

Interesting comment from Buzz, that he told Cottingham, Wild and Broeker, that because of the way he is going to run his program, expect someone to transfer out every year.

mufan2003
01-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Great quote from Buzz regarding Luke Fischer...."that was manna from heaven."

TheSultan
01-16-2014, 02:42 PM
I believe he said because of the way he coaches...not the way he runs his program.....

You are correct. That's exactly what he said.

jpvegas52
01-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Re-listened and you are correct

IWB
01-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Great quote from Buzz regarding Luke Fischer...."that was manna from heaven."

Goo - How close to Buzz are you?

I have heard you use the reference, "Manna from on high" for what, 42 years? I'm 47, so I'm guessing....

Goose85
01-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Tired of guys stealing my lines and not giving me credit.