PDA

View Full Version : New Rules for football players at Texas

IWB
01-15-2014, 12:38 PM
The new coach at Texas has put in some new rules for his football players. There are a couple that have caught my interest......

Strong’s new rules for UT football players

1. Players will attend all of their classes and sit in the front two rows of all of their classes. GAs, academic folks, position coaches will be checking constantly now.

2. No headphones in class. No texting in class. Sit up and take notes.

3. If a player misses a class, he runs until it hurts. If he misses two classes, his entire position unit runs. If he misses three, the position coach runs. The position coaches don't want to run.

4. No earrings in the football building. No drugs. No stealing. No guns. Treat women with respect.

5. Players may not live off campus anymore, unless they're a senior who hits certain academic standards. The University will buy out the leases for every player currently living off campus and put them in the athletic dorm.

6. The team will all live together, eat together, suffer together, and hang out together. They will become a true team and learn to impose accountability on each other. The cliques are over.

7. There's no time for a rebuild. "I don't have time for that." The expectation is that Texas wins now.

8. Players will learn that they would rather practice than milk a minor injury.

9. The focus is on winning and graduating. Anything extraneous to that is a distraction and will be stamped out or removed.

Strong met individually with seniors and key leaders and re-emphasized that the plan is to win now. They can lead the new culture or be run over by it.
"I don't want to talk about things. I'd rather do things. We just talked. Now it's time to do."

Mucrisco
01-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Interesting concept: You mean, living together actually as an effect on team chemistry?

TheSultan
01-15-2014, 01:14 PM
I didn't think Strong was a good fit for Texas, but the more I read about how lax things got under Mack Brown, the more I think Strong might be really, really good there.

jpvegas52
01-15-2014, 01:33 PM
Good for Strong. The first two about attending class, sitting in the first 2 rows and no headphones, I believe Buzz has the same rules. His other rule about position coaches running, would that mean if Davante missed 3 classes Wainright would be running with him.

ziggysfryboy
01-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Good for Strong. The first two about attending class, sitting in the first 2 rows and no headphones, I believe Buzz has the same rules. His other rule about position coaches running, would that mean if Davante missed 3 classes Wainright would be running with him.

Jerry might win.

MUMac
01-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Jerry might win.

How could you tell?

Goose85
01-15-2014, 03:15 PM
I didn't think Strong was a good fit for Texas, but the more I read about how lax things got under Mack Brown, the more I think Strong might be really, really good there.

I think you called it Sultan, things must have been really lax under Brown.
Wow, show up and actually particpate in class, what an idea.

ziggysfryboy
01-15-2014, 03:32 PM
How could you tell?

photo finish