PDA

View Full Version : Indiana storms the court

MUMac
01-14-2014, 07:59 PM
after beating the Badgers. Didn't they just win the Big 10 and hang a banner from last season? Isn't this the tradition rich II II? And they storm the court after beating Wisconsin? Really?

This Badger team is really a tough team and fun to watch. Far different than other UW teams. I know that is blasphemy to ice, but it is the truth. And watching the game, I much prefer Buzz to crean. Much prefer!

Markedman
01-14-2014, 08:09 PM
Wisconsin is as good on offense as I have seen them under Bo......defensively they still have big problems guarding the dribble...IU was beating them off the dribble time after time and it wasn't just Yogi(although he is a really tough matchup).

Improvement of Kaminsky and Jackson has really changed their team......

MUAlphaBangura
01-14-2014, 08:32 PM
after beating the Badgers. Didn't they just win the Big 10 and hang a banner from last season? Isn't this the tradition rich II II? And they storm the court after beating Wisconsin? Really?

This Badger team is really a tough team and fun to watch. Far different than other UW teams. I know that is blasphemy to ice, but it is the truth. And watching the game, I much prefer Buzz to crean. Much prefer!

Don't see any issue with it. Don't see what "tradition rich" has to do with being excited about beating a REALLY good team for the first time in 13 games. IU needed this win badly as they were pretty much in the same boat as MU before the game--haven't really beaten anybody of consequence so far this year.

MUMac
01-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Come on, they were ranked number 1 last year for a time. Were a top seed in the tourney. Won the Big 10. Act like you've been there before - and they have. Add to that, tradition does matter.

Seth Greenberg commented on it as well. I think it is odd that IU fans stormed the court against UW.

kneelb4zerg
01-14-2014, 08:45 PM
I don't get it either. Seems like Crean loves lowering expectations for a program that should have high expectations. When was the last time Duke/Carolina/Kentucky/Michigan St stormed the court?

Or Marquette for that matter? Oh yeah, when Crean was here.

dubs98
01-14-2014, 08:46 PM
At first I thought it was odd, but then I remember back to storming the court a few times during my days at MU and thought, what the hell. It is a ton of fun, especially for any freshman who has not had the chance. Regardless of the teams involved, beating the number three team in the nation is a big deal.

mufan2003
01-14-2014, 08:53 PM
I agree storming the court was too much.....yet I also understand it. It is always about the present moment. Wisconsin was one of four undefeated teams in the country and #3 overall in the country.

As Mike Tirico pointed out, Indiana has zero quality nonconference wins. I think it was more about Indiana feeling good about themself than it was thinking Wisconsin is high and mighty.

MUAlphaBangura
01-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Come on, they were ranked number 1 last year for a time. Were a top seed in the tourney. Won the Big 10. Act like you've been there before - and they have. Add to that, tradition does matter.

Seth Greenberg commented on it as well. I think it is odd that IU fans stormed the court against UW.

Feel pretty solid about my position if it is opposite of Seth Greenberg! :cool: IU is a completely different team having lost 4 starters. They are nowhere near the level they were last year, and again, had lost 12 straight games to the Badgers. I'd hate to be a fan of a team where it is not allowed to celebrate after a big win.

MUMac
01-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Feel pretty solid about my position if it is opposite of Seth Greenberg! :cool: IU is a completely different team having lost 4 starters. They are nowhere near the level they were last year, and again, had lost 12 straight games to the Badgers. I'd hate to be a fan of a team where it is not allowed to celebrate after a big win.

Nice straw man. Where did I say you cannot celebrate after a big win? :rolleyes: Whatever ...

Gato78
01-14-2014, 09:28 PM
I love the floor rush. Who cares? Let the students have as much fun as possible. It is great for the excitement that is college basketball. I want to be the old guy in the middle of it next time it happens at the BC. Seriously, I am going over the bench and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks.

pbiflyer
01-14-2014, 09:33 PM
I love the floor rush. Who cares? Let the students have as much fun as possible. It is great for the excitement that is college basketball. I want to be the old guy in the middle of it next time it happens at the BC. Seriously, I am going over the bench and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks.

Thumbs up!

Realistically, if it wasn't II,II, we wouldn't even be talking about it. And for those that hate Crean, just think, it means likely they will be stuck with him another year. ;)

IWB
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
Seriously, I am going over the bench

I will never go to a game without my video equipment again.

MU_Iceman
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Obviously I was ecstatic that IU finally beat UW. Many of you will think this is sour grapes because of my hatred for UW, but it's really not, even I would have to admit something good about them when true. Though they ARE a good basketball team(wait, did I just say that), no way in hell were they/are they the 3rd best team in the country. Top 10-15?? probably, but third best?? Not even close. They were only ranked #3 because they were undefeated(I don't care what the RPI says, still not that impressed with their schedule), not because they were actually the third best team in the country. Does anyone here actually believe they were??

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Rushing the court is for small schools and underdogs. Great fun to do, but you can't say "It's Indiana, It's Indiana" if you act like IUPUI when you win. As kneel said, if you want to get your program back to being on par with Duke, UNC, or Kansas, you have to act like you belong. Storming the court screams "we don't belong".

Markedman
01-14-2014, 10:51 PM
It's not just RPI and the polls....Pomeroy has them at 4.....Sagarin at 2. Both of them are unbiased....They have 6 top 50 wins already....Pomeroy has their schedule at 20....Sagarin at 17...

They have earned their high ranking.........the great thing about college basketball is rankings don't really matter.....you either win your conference or you don't.....then you get into the tournament and either win or you don't.

They will lose more games just like everybody will....who knows how they will play from here on out but as of right now....they are defintely a top 5-10 team.

Obviously I was ecstatic that IU finally beat UW. Many of you will think this is sour grapes because of my hatred for UW, but it's really not, even I would have to admit something good about them when true. Though they ARE a good basketball team(wait, did I just say that), no way in hell were they/are they the 3rd best team in the country. Top 10-15?? probably, but third best?? Not even close. They were only ranked #3 because they were undefeated(I don't care what the RPI says, still not that impressed with their schedule), not because they were actually the third best team in the country. Does anyone here actually believe they were??

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-15-2014, 05:09 AM
I guess my question for Ice would be twofold. First, what would you consider a good schedule? If you actually look at who UW has played with unbiased eyes, it's a really impressive list of teams without being watered down by a ton of sub-300 teams. And who are the teams you consider to be better than them? Because based on schedule and results, I find it hard to believe there are currently 9-14 teams better than Bucky. Hate to say it, but they're really good. Still expect them to flame out early in March, but this may be Bo's best team yet.

MUAlphaBangura
01-15-2014, 07:14 AM
Nice straw man. Where did I say you cannot celebrate after a big win? :rolleyes: Whatever ...

What you said was-- act like you've been there. Well, in fact, the students that rushed the court HAVEN'T been there. They have never seen IU beat UW, yet alone #3 ranked UW. It wasn't old farts like you and I that rushed the court. Odd to me that somebody would have a strong enough opinion about this to put on an MU message board. Does this relate to a dislike for IU or Coach Crean?

MayorBeluga
01-15-2014, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=Gato78;52134}Seriously, I am going over the bench and I don't give a **** what anyone thinks.[/QUOTE]

Will they have a step ladder for you to slowly climb over the bench?

TheSultan
01-15-2014, 07:42 AM

I agree with this. I think that stuff just adds to the atmosphere.

TheSultan
01-15-2014, 07:49 AM

I told my wife before the game that I would not be surprised that they lost this one though. While they have played a pretty good non-conference schedule, their only real road test was @UVa in the B10/ACC showdown. This was their first big road game.

I would agree that this team is different, but they still managed to lose the same way Bo's teams always seem to lose. They get no penetration and start jacking up threes. And if you aren't hot, this is kind of what results. They also didn't do a real good job keeping IU out of the lane.

Goose85
01-15-2014, 09:19 AM
You are only in college for four years, so rush the floor or storm the field in football for a big win and have fun.

It is a cool experience, and I'm sure it was a great time for the students to celebrate the win on the court.

Put me down for being a fan of rushing the court / field for a big win.