PDA

View Full Version : Mayo

Gato78
01-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Based on his post game comments, is he becoming the team leader? Telling Jamil he needs to play and not coach and saying that we need to be tough.... Maybe he grabs the wheel and drives this bus. Someone needs to bring the toughness element. I will be damned if it ends up being Todd after all of the havoc he has created. Nevertheless, I will take it.

kneelb4zerg
01-12-2014, 09:47 AM
I loved those comments.

I would prefer that Todd start over Jake and Davante come off the bench as far as a lineup alteration. And I do think that Jake played well yesterday despite not even scoring. I think everyone assumed coming into the season that Todd would be the starter at 2G.

MUMac
01-12-2014, 09:55 AM
I agree with both comments by Gato and zerg. Maybe having OJ in town is a plus for Todd. Let's hope he does take the lead, as Gato stated, it is desperately needed.

Awilhelmscream
01-12-2014, 10:34 AM
In my eyes, this team is two things always from being able to compete with just about anyone and they're a leader and a go-to scorer. If Todd can become both then God bless him for it. Aside from just the success on the court it'd be a very good thing for Todd's maturation as a man.

Mark Miller
01-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Mayo's showing against Seton Hall was his most complete game at Marquette. His free-throw shooting was clutch and he took good shots while not forcing the issue.

Nukem2
01-12-2014, 11:34 AM
In spite of the criticism levied against Todd this year, I think he has really been MU's best guard this season 9 on both ends ). Sure there was the dust-up re the suspension for the late practice ( or whatever it was ). But that's no different than the situations for which Buzz suspended Junior and DJO. Done and over with. Otherwise, Todd has fought through the knee surgery, a sprained ankle and a broken nose (which could account for his inconsistency in a couple games ). And, from what I've observed, he has been a very good teammate and has interacted well with the guys. Time to stop the Mayo bashing......

MUMac
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Where is the Mayo bashing? Maybe a couple of comments between the vitriolic animus against Derrick and Jake, I don't think there is anything left for Todd.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Todd has always been somewhat his own worst enemy. The suspensions, questionable shot selection, and simply not having the effort you would hope for. We've seen glimpses of potential since his freshman year but he has yet to consistently put it together. If he can get out of his own way and put it together on and off the court, he can be a stud at this level.

Markedman
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
He just looks calmer on the court. Letting the game come to him instead of trying to force the issue on every play.

Not sure his personality is that of a leader. Seems to be to stoic and reserved emotionally but he sure has been a leader by example with his effort the last few games.

Nukem2
01-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Where is the Mayo bashing? Maybe a couple of comments between the vitriolic animus against Derrick and Jake, I don't think there is anything left for Todd.After the UW game suspension and New Mexico and another game, a lot of respected posters here really were down on Todd....