PDA

View Full Version : Hoyas lose another starter

Markedman
01-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Josh Smith has been out for 2 games with "academic issues" and now this.....http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/11/georgetown-loses-jabril-trawick-to-a-broken-jaw/

TedBaxter
01-11-2014, 02:11 PM
Trawick gets hurt "checking" someone coming down the lane. I usually don't come down hard on individual college players, but in using a hockey term, Trawick is a goon. He's always cheapshotting someone and this time it came back to haunt him.

MUBB713
01-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I agree. Probably the biggest hack in college bball. At least he won't be able to break one of our guys jaws.

pbiflyer
01-11-2014, 08:23 PM
And half their remaining team has fouled out in the Butler game! Amazed they are leading in OT.

Markedman
01-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Butler is now 0-4 in BE.....they will be fighting for their lives on saturday after losing back to back home games in OT......

kneelb4zerg
01-11-2014, 09:38 PM
Butler is now 0-4 in BE.....they will be fighting for their lives on saturday after losing back to back home games in OT......

They also play @ Creighton on Tuesday.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-12-2014, 10:30 AM
We should be fighting for our lives too... If this team doesn't gain a sense of urgency that would be pretty disappointing.

IWB
01-13-2014, 11:12 AM

I said before they were added to the Big East that they could not have hit their 2 year streak at a better time. They had two players that were under/un-recruited that basically fell into their lap and it all came together at a perfect time. After that 2nd Final Four I said without Matt Howard and Shelvin Mack, they will fall back into obscurity. Well, based off of the two year stint they landed transfer Rotnei Clark which helped them for a year, but now they are right where I, and many others, felt they would be.

Sure, they lost Brad Stevens who is a great coach, but even if he stayed the decline was inevitable. Hopefully the Big East name can/will help them recruit, but it won't be easy as they are still playing 4th fiddle in their home state.

Nukem2
01-13-2014, 12:53 PM
I said before they were added to the Big East that they could not have hit their 2 year streak at a better time. They had two players that were under/un-recruited that basically fell into their lap and it all came together at a perfect time. After that 2nd Final Four I said without Matt Howard and Shelvin Mack, they will fall back into obscurity. Well, based off of the two year stint they landed transfer Rotnei Clark which helped them for a year, but now they are right where I, and many others, felt they would be.

Sure, they lost Brad Stevens who is a great coach, but even if he stayed the decline was inevitable. Hopefully the Big East name can/will help them recruit, but it won't be easy as they are still playing 4th fiddle in their home state.At lest BU keeps folks from calling the BE the Catholic Conference.....;) But, seriously, this Butler team is not bad, just really missing Roosevelt Jones. Seen them play a couple times. Saturday's game will not be easy. Either Butler will be coming in 0-5 chomping at the bit or riding high after an upset win at Creighton.

unclejohn
01-13-2014, 03:17 PM

Sure, they lost Brad Stevens who is a great coach, but even if he stayed the decline was inevitable. Hopefully the Big East name can/will help them recruit, but it won't be easy as they are still playing 4th fiddle in their home state.

Sure, they are 0-4, but they have lost three games in OT, one in Double OT, and lost a non-conference game to a ranked opponent in OT. They could very easily be 4-0 and nationally ranked. They are having a tough time of it, but they are a much better team than their record indicates They are going to be tough both home and away.

Phantom Warrior
01-13-2014, 03:40 PM
They also lost their best player to injury, and he's out the whole season. If we think how much better we'd be with Vander, Butler fans have to be thinking about how much better they would be without the injury to their best player.

Nukem2
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
They also lost their best player to injury, and he's out the whole season. If we think how much better we'd be with Vander, Butler fans have to be thinking about how much better they would be without the injury to their best player.Roosevelt Jones, as noted above....

MUfan12
01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I've watched them a few times, and I'm not as scared by them. They have been super reliant on Kellen Dunham. If MU can take him away to a degree, I like their chances.

Then again, guarding the #1 guy on the scouting report hasn't exactly been a strength of this group...