PDA

View Full Version : Marquette Continues to Disappoint

bleedbluegold03
01-10-2014, 12:42 PM
ESPN article (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/92368/marquette-continues-to-disappoint) hard to argue...

MU_Iceman
01-10-2014, 01:54 PM
That is absolutely spot on. There should not be one single poster here that takes issue with any of that article. He articulated beautifully what many of us have been trying to say...This line right here is the absolute home run of home runs. This one was hit so deep and absolutely unplayable it's not even imaginable...

Many non-elite teams would incur similar damage if they’d faced that slate.

Marquette should be elite, though.

GOMU1104
01-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Not if we don't have good enough players...which we don't...so here we are.

IrwinFletcher
01-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Not if we don't have good enough players...which we don't...so here we are.

Ding Ding Ding.

I think that is the key point right there. I think we all agree that the 13 guys on this roster are great guys and we all support them to the end. But the truth is the talent level isn't there. We have a lot of guys that are one dimensional and arguably some of our best players are freshman or sophs but they don't have the experience to warrant our coach from putting them in.

I am cheering this team on, but my expectations are much lower this season going forward simply do to the talent level. Looking through that lens, it was nice to see Dawson, Baine, Taylor and JJJ all contribute in varying ways last night.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
01-10-2014, 03:36 PM
The recruiting misses with our jr and soph classes are coming back to bite us in the arse and unfortunately we will probably feel the impact for another year after this. It happens to even the elite of the elite programs. It sucks but it is what it is. Doesnt mean we cant continue to back our program just as much as in other years.

However, the program is unquestionably pointing in the right direction and I have confidence that Buzz will continue Marquette's trajectory toward "elite." I don't think we ever get to the true blue blood elite status like UK, KU, MSU, Duke (even though Ice may have that as his expectation) but I do expect us to continue our trend of top 25 finishes with strong showings in the tourney and an occassional elite 8 and final 4. For me that would be a raving success!

Cue - Ice calling me a bad fan for not expecting more in 3...2...1... :)

warriorfan4life
01-10-2014, 04:19 PM
The recruiting misses with our jr and soph classes are coming back to bite us in the arse and unfortunately we will probably feel the impact for another year after this. It happens to even the elite of the elite programs. It sucks but it is what it is. Doesnt mean we cant continue to back our program just as much as in other years.

However, the program is unquestionably pointing in the right direction and I have confidence that Buzz will continue Marquette's trajectory toward "elite." I don't think we ever get to the true blue blood elite status like UK, KU, MSU, Duke (even though Ice may have that as his expectation) but I do expect us to continue our trend of top 25 finishes with strong showings in the tourney and an occassional elite 8 and final 4. For me that would be a raving success!

Cue - Ice calling me a bad fan for not expecting more in 3...2...1... :)

I think Buzz can get us to Michigan State level status program. Most every year top 25, strong contender to win the league, and a good bet to make the second weekend of the tourney (and hopefully then get some of Izzo's March luck to make it beyond that).