PDA

View Full Version : Wed. Night in the BE

MU/Panther
01-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Georgetown @ Providence, 6:00
Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery

8 Villanova @ Seton Hall, 6:00
CBS Sports Network: Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Susannah Collins
Feature unprecedented in-game audio access with 30 microphones to be utilized to provide an enhanced viewing experience

Goose85
01-08-2014, 09:02 AM
Georgetown @ Providence, 6:00
Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery

8 Villanova @ Seton Hall, 6:00
CBS Sports Network: Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas, Susannah Collins
Feature unprecedented in-game audio access with 30 microphones to be utilized to provide an enhanced viewing experience

I heard them promoting the microphones to catch the game sound so it is like you are on the floor. I'm sure the game will be on a seven second delay at least. Should be interesting, and probably stressful for the guy with his finger on the dump button.

The Reptile
01-08-2014, 09:35 AM
I heard them promoting the microphones to catch the game sound so it is like you are on the floor. I'm sure the game will be on a seven second delay at least. Should be interesting, and probably stressful for the guy with his finger on the dump button.

A game between college kids from Catholic schools should no dump button. As for the coaches, ... :D

MUBasketball
01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
A game between college kids from Catholic schools should no dump button.

Haha, riiiiiight.

Markedman
01-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Georgetown playing without Smith.....dealing with "academic issue".......they have 10 points in the first half.....7:29 to go.....

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
01-09-2014, 06:27 AM
Providence wins despite only playing 6 guys? Something tells me they won't deal well with foul trouble.

MUBasketball
01-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Providence wins despite only playing 6 guys? Something tells me they won't deal well with foul trouble.

Georgetown looked awful last night. No Smith, and Starks was off. Very similar to Marquette offensively. Like last year, it may be another final score in the 40's when both teams play!

IWB
01-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Was not able to see the game, how did the multiple microphone set up work out?

MUBasketball
01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Was not able to see the game, how did the multiple microphone set up work out?

It was cool hearing the coaches in the huddles. We've seen that in the past obviously - NBA does that a lot especially - but was cool to see it at the college level.

I was doing a lot of flipping between games, but otherwise I didn't notice much of a difference from any other TV game.