01-02-2014, 08:10 PM
By his Israeli team.

BLT
01-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Coaching change...

http://www.court-side.com/news/blog/vander-blue-waived-maccabi-rishon/

Nukem2
01-02-2014, 08:28 PM
See it now via Google. Apparently a coaching change. Sad for him and MU. What might have been. Cannot overstate what his departure has meant to thisbteam. And, has he really helped himself...?

IWB
01-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Crazy - here are his per-game averages...

24.9 Minutes
11.4 Points
3.0 Rebounds
2.7 Assists
1.6 Steals

On the negative side....
2 pt FG% 40.3%
3 pt FG% 22.2%
FT% 60%
2.4 TO

warriorfan4life
01-02-2014, 08:46 PM
See it now via Google. Apparently a coaching change. Sad for him and MU. What might have been. Cannot overstate what his departure has meant to thisbteam. And, has he really helped himself...?

His representation did him no favors sending him to Israel. I still think he has NBA type talent, and I hope that he finds somewhere to further develop to get to that ultimate destination.

IWB
01-02-2014, 08:59 PM
Agent wise he is with Wasserman, so he is with a good group, but his primary agent is Makhtar Ndiaye. Secondary is BJ Armstrong, but Ndiaye is the lead and I don't know how experienced he is. Only has a handful of 2nd tier players. He is from Senegal and played at UNC.

AbovetheRim
01-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Agent wise he is with Wasserman, so he is with a good group, but his primary agent is Makhtar Ndiaye. Secondary is BJ Armstrong, but Ndiaye is the lead and I don't know how experienced he is. Only has a handful of 2nd tier players. He is from Senegal and played at UNC.

And Michigan??? I swear he was on those Fab 5 teams.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
01-02-2014, 10:42 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makhtar_N'Diaye_(basketball)

Looks like he played for both...

IWB
01-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Yes - started at Michigan and transferred to UNC.

Nukem2
01-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Notice that Vander's twitter page is down now....:(

dubs98
01-04-2014, 10:18 AM

You sure about that? I have family that works with Wasserman and I was just talking to them about Vander over the holidays. She let me know that Vander had parted ways with them. She said they had a really good gig lined up for him in Europe and he had turned it down because of his belief/desire to be in the NBA. He felt he could get better representation and have better odds of getting to the NBA through someone else.

IWB
01-04-2014, 11:53 AM
Got it, thanks - he is still listed in the database with Wasserman.

I guess he still won't listen to people who are trying to help him?

dubs98
01-04-2014, 02:53 PM
Got it, thanks - he is still listed in the database with Wasserman.

I guess he still won't listen to people who are trying to help him?

yup, that is the impression that was given.

835schroeder
01-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Can you even imagine what it would be like playing basketball in the Middle East? Then you get cut? Your agent has a good gig for you in Europe, and you leave him because you think you can get to the NBA instead? This is material for Buzz in the future. Similar to the Marcus Taylor situation at MSU , but even more dramatic.

TheSultan
01-04-2014, 09:57 PM
Can you even imagine what it would be like playing basketball in the Middle East? Then you get cut? Your agent has a good gig for you in Europe, and you leave him because you think you can get to the NBA instead? This is material for Buzz in the future. Similar to the Marcus Taylor situation at MSU , but even more dramatic.

I think you are misreading this.

I believe the gig in Europe was previous to him getting cut by the Sixers and signing in Israel.

unclejohn
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM

Well to be fair, in terms of sports, Israel isn't in the Middle East. It is in Europe. I know, it's crazy. But since none of their neighbors will play them, Israel competes in Europe for international competition, like the World Cup or for international basketball. They draw their non-native players from Europe as well as the US and they are basketball crazy over there. It is probably as good a gig as playing in some place like Spain. Now let's hope Vander lands on his feet.

unclejohn
01-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Well to be fair, in terms of sports, Israel isn't in the Middle East. It is in Europe. I know, it's crazy. But since none of their neighbors will play them, Israel competes in Europe for international competition, like the World Cup or for international basketball. They draw their non-native players from Europe as well as the US and they are basketball crazy over there. It is probably as good a gig as playing in some place like Spain. Now let's hope Vander lands on his feet.