PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Fouls-Flopping

Halo
12-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Can someone explain what the new rule is? I think I have seen more offensive fouls in first 8 minutes than I have all year in this game.

Goose85
12-31-2013, 09:37 PM
I agree, all year those seem to have been on the D. At least they called McDermott for one.

Goose85
12-31-2013, 09:40 PM
All they do is shoot 3s and yet we aren't covering the 3.

mufansince72
12-31-2013, 09:47 PM
My New Years Resolution! I am going to lay off Derrick Wilson! With that said, my last comment on him for the year. He should not be on the floor. He does not set up other players. His defense does not make up for his lackluster offensive play, and no one again is guarding him, which leads to instant double teams. Put his butt on the bench for the rest of the year, Please Buzz, please!

Halo
12-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Bill Cords in the house. Sitting next to Broeker and Mac/Homer.

MUMac
12-31-2013, 09:55 PM
'72, I agree. I stayed off of DWill early in the year, as I thought he deserved the opportunity. He, though, does nothing for the team to be successful. I wanted to give him a chance, and he may be the best MU has this year, but for MU to be successful, they need better PG play than he can provide.

mufansince72
12-31-2013, 09:57 PM
'72, I agree. I stayed off of DWill early in the year, as I thought he deserved the opportunity. He, though, does nothing for the team to be successful. I wanted to give him a chance, and he may be the best MU has this year, but for MU to be successful, they need better PG play than he can provide.

No comment :)

Markedman
12-31-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm guessing the game plan wasn't to allow the best 3 point shooting team in the country to shoot 25 3's in the first half?

Our offense is just horrible...it really is....nobody can make plays off the dribble....9 turnovers in the first half against a team that doesn't pressure.....

Halo
12-31-2013, 10:01 PM
Not sure what to say. None of this stuff looks this season looks like the Buzz Williams coached teams we have seen in the past. Very frustrated with Mayo also. Standing with foot on the out of bounds line?

MUMac
12-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Mayo has not played well most of the year. The play you mention, with the foot out of bounds, is inexcusable. Ball rotates to his side and he has his foot out of bounds? He had a really bad pass, to no one. Played poor d (allowing wide ope 3's when he is sagging at times that he should not). Forcing shots. I hoped he could see the loss of Vander as his advantage. Still hoping.

Halo
12-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Missed free throws, bad shots, bad defense. Going to be a long year.

Markedman
12-31-2013, 10:35 PM
I think some people seriously overestimated the talent level on this years team.......

No guard play forces Jamil to play out of position and turns him from a good 3/4 to a below average 1.

MUMac
12-31-2013, 10:43 PM
I think some people seriously overestimated the talent level on this years team.......

No guard play forces Jamil to play out of position and turns him from a good 3/4 to a below average 1.

I agree. Far too many felt that Mayo could fit right in for Vander. The loss of Vander and Junior were not replaced. Some also overestimated the impact of the frosh on this team.

Oddly this was the most balanced team in terms of size, that MU has had in many years. It has been said by many that college is a guards game. Unfortunately, MU has it's best interior team with it's weakest guard play.

Markedman
12-31-2013, 10:51 PM
It's just so hard watching bad offense after what we had for the last 5 years or so....last year wasn't great but it was like watching the heat compared to this

mufansince72
12-31-2013, 10:53 PM

Agree. time to just play the freshman and develop for the future. Dawson should start at point. Jamil should go back to 3/4. Dwill should come in for short spurts to spell Dawson. JJJ and Burton should be on the court all the time.

Markedman
12-31-2013, 11:01 PM
You guys see something in Dawson that I don't......I really don't think it matters who plays.....

Markedman
12-31-2013, 11:03 PM
My god we didn't score 50....again

Halo
12-31-2013, 11:04 PM
This is a bad team right now. Not sure what the heck is going on with them. Buzz is in charge of this mess and I hope he can fix it. I think he needs to blow it up and start over beginning Saturday.

Markedman
12-31-2013, 11:20 PM
DJO, Jae and Vander aren't walking through that door......

mufansince72
12-31-2013, 11:34 PM
You guys see something in Dawson that I don't......I really don't think it matters who plays.....

It's just that I don't see anything in the other guy! I've seen him. Lets see what someone else could do with extended minutes.

MUfan12
01-01-2014, 01:17 AM
I posted after the UNM debacle that this team stinks, and was told it was the worst post of the year. It's a new year, might as well go for the repeat.

This. Team. Stinks.

RJax55
01-01-2014, 03:09 AM
I posted after the UNM debacle that this team stinks, and was told it was the worst post of the year. It's a new year, might as well go for the repeat.

This. Team. Stinks.

Unfortunately, you're correct. My hope is that JJJ and Burton can continue to develop for next year.

This happens to every program, my hope is that MU can rebound.

Also, we need Steve Taylor to be right again. It is extremely disappointing that his injury is keeping him from playing at a high level. Before the start of the season, he was the top candidate to make that leap and be the next impact player for the program. So far, this season has been a complete waste.

IrwinFletcher
01-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately, you're correct. My hope is that JJJ and Burton can continue to develop for next year.

This happens to every program, my hope is that MU can rebound.

Also, we need Steve Taylor to be right again. It is extremely disappointing that his injury is keeping him from playing at a high level. Before the start of the season, he was the top candidate to make that leap and be the next impact player for the program. So far, this season has been a complete waste.

ii think you are correct. If Taylor was completely healthy and developing, you can afford to move JWil to the point as STJ would replace JWil at the 3/4. But as someone mentioned earlier, with JWil at the point, you have a substandard PG and have lost what he does at his natural position.