PDA

View Full Version : MU + 9 vs Creighton

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-30-2013, 05:57 PM
Seemed a little high to me, what do you guys think?

Markedman
12-30-2013, 07:10 PM
Creighton shoots almost 44% as a team.....from 3..Wragge shoots over 50% and has already made 46 3's in 12 games...http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/stats/_/id/156/creighton-bluejays

Seems high but this will likely be the biggest home game in history for them.......If they put DM in the post I don't think we can double against this team. If he gets Jamil in foul trouble(I'm assuming he plays) I don't think we have any one else who can cover him.

Need to have Gardner have a big game(I'm sure they will double him in the post). They do have one big who is 6'11...he plays about 14 minutes a game on average.

Phantom Warrior
12-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Seems about right to me. I figure Creighton by 10-12 points.

We may end up having to play small ball with Jamil at the 5, Juan at the 4, and three guards. It will be very difficult for either Chris or Davante to defend at the three point line. On the other end Creighton can double Davante every time he touches the ball.

I don't like the match ups in this game, but they will be even worse against Nova.

kneelb4zerg
12-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Spread seems high to me. Think we can win if Jamil plays. Won't be easy but our D should keep us in it.

MU/Panther
12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
I'll take MU!

mutpm
12-31-2013, 11:57 AM
Trying to remove any MU bias I have, 9 is probably the right spread. Outside of losing to GW, what would make the average person think Creighton isn't the better team? Add in that is the first Big East home game for Creighton and it appears that everything is set up for a Creighton celebration. I recall MU's first Big East home game. UCONN didn't know what hit them that night.

As a die-hard MU fan, I believe MU will cover the 9 and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the upset tonight. There have been noticeable improvements in the team since the New Hampshire game, but they still haven't put it all together for 40 minutes. Tonight would be the perfect night for it to all come together.

Djgoldnboy
12-31-2013, 12:14 PM
Appears the Creighton crowd base is amped for tonight too, just looking at the stub hub prices, even the high crappy seats are going for $90. (http://www.stubhub.com/creighton-basketball-tickets/creighton-vs-marquette-12-31-2013-4363099/)

bleedbluegold03
12-31-2013, 02:04 PM
I think the BEast is in for an awakening with this arena tonight. Will be surprised if they lose there more than once a season (which is my expectation for Marquette each year). Unfortunately, Marquette will bear the brunt of it...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-31-2013, 04:55 PM
Tonight is the beginning of a new season, the bumpy non conference season can be a thing of the past if they start out strong. I'm hopeful they take a step forward tonight and get that first signature win

mutpm
12-31-2013, 09:23 PM
Spread should be 19 the way this game has started.