PDA

View Full Version : Stj

AlexJesswein
12-28-2013, 01:40 PM
Where is he? I mean you already burned the redshirt

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-28-2013, 01:51 PM
Presumably on the bench. Just because he can play doesn't automatically mean he will. He's been pretty brutal on both ends of the court when he has been in this season.

bleedbluegold03
12-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Up to the kid at the end of the day, but seems like a waste at this point

eastly
12-28-2013, 04:44 PM
So, a medical redshirt is still a possibility?

AbovetheRim
12-28-2013, 04:51 PM
Looking forward to Juan at the 5 next year!

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Medical redshirt seems highly unlikely. Pretty sure that brief stint recently put him over the limit, but getting injured, recovering, and coming back to play will usually rule it out.

kneelb4zerg
12-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Just a hunch but I'm guessing Buzz ruled out possibility of redshirt even if he was kept under games limit.

bleedbluegold03
12-29-2013, 11:24 AM
Just a hunch but I'm guessing Buzz ruled out possibility of redshirt even if he was kept under games limit.

why? he's clearly not 100% and would be much better used in 2016 than this year

MUMac
12-29-2013, 11:26 AM
why? he's clearly not 100% and would be much better used in 2016 than this year

Yeah, I agree. I am guessing that they found out with the scrimmages that he played more than 30% of the games and could not redshirt any longer. Just a hunch. Too bad, as they could use a healthy STJ this year.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
12-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I agree. I am guessing that they found out with the scrimmages that he played more than 30% of the games and could not redshirt any longer. Just a hunch. Too bad, as they could use a healthy STJ this year.

I would really hope it wasn't a case of, "we didn't know that scrimmages counted" and that they eventually found out about this. It's the program's responsibility to make the kid aware of all the NCAA redshirt issues and exact status and educate him to his options. That would have been a crucial mistake if it's the case - but I just can't imagine it is as I would think they knew about this all along.

MUMac
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I would really hope it wasn't a case of, "we didn't know that scrimmages counted" and that they eventually found out about this. It's the program's responsibility to make the kid aware of all the NCAA redshirt issues and exact status and educate him to his options. That would have been a crucial mistake if it's the case - but I just can't imagine it is as I would think they knew about this all along.

You could be correct. The NCAA rules on a medical waiver are difficult to decipher. It could be that since he played in any game, subsequent to the surgery, may have made ruled out a medical waiver. I am guessing, whatever is the reason, MU investigated and found out he is not eligible to a waiver.

kneelb4zerg
12-29-2013, 12:52 PM
You could be correct. The NCAA rules on a medical waiver are difficult to decipher. It could be that since he played in any game, subsequent to the surgery, may have made ruled out a medical waiver. I am guessing, whatever is the reason, MU investigated and found out he is not eligible to a waiver.

Yeah this is what I meant earlier in this thread.