PDA

View Full Version : MU vs Ball State Game Thread

IWB
12-17-2013, 08:10 PM
MU vs Ball State game thread.....

MU with the normal starting lineup.

Duane Wilson is suited up and ready to go, as is Steve Taylor.

Refs include Jim Burr (vurp) Tim Claugherty & Don Daily.

Ball State has a cat named Majok Majok - always beware of the double name!

IWB
12-17-2013, 08:19 PM
MU up 6-2 at the 15:37 mark. Jamil Wilson working awfully hard for a guy that has 4 pts. Davante & Mayo checked in, will be in after the commercial breAK.

IWB
12-17-2013, 08:22 PM
All six of MU's points were "in the paint".

Make that 8.

IWB
12-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Message board appears to be as empty as the upper deck.

IWB
12-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Don't know what was said on TV, but Todd Mayo was bleeding from his head in first half, looked like his hand, but that was just covered with blood as he kept wiping his head. Went up and down court 4-5 times before the refs heard Buzz' pleas, or noticed Mayo's injury.

Ball State Coach talking to his player, Burr turns around and tells him to shut up - when will they put Burr out of our misery?

Talked to Homer at halftime. Still has the neck brace on but looks great and is in great spirits.

Deonte Burton is really coming on. Has that quick spin move in the paint that most bigs can't handle.

IWB
12-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Mayo does have plugs in both nostrils, wonder if he broke his nose?

IWB
12-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Back to Burr - Blew the whistle stopping play on the Ball State end, I think he realized that they missed the media timeout. Anyway, James Whitford goes up and asks Burr why he stopped the action. Whitford did not raise his voice by any means, and Burr proceeds to rip him a new one. You could see Whitford trying to answer saying he was just trying to understand, and Burr wouldn't let up - just kept yelling at him.

Burr needs to go.

IWB
12-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Burr again - MU inbounding the ball just inside half court. Burr is yelling at a Ball State player. Not used to playing PG, Jamil Wilson asks Burr, "Can I go into the back court?" Burr starts bitching at him. Jamil says, "I was just asking you a question." Burr continues to bitch at him.

Halo
12-17-2013, 10:22 PM
Can't MU keep him away?

IWB
12-17-2013, 10:24 PM
Game over - 91-53, 7 guys in double figures for MU .

Markedman
12-17-2013, 10:30 PM
Too bad Duane didn't get any run tonight.......If the decision has been made not to redshirt him I would have liked to see him get his feet wet in a blowout game like this.

MU played well.... a little helter skelter at times but JJ and Burton really did some good things along with almost everyone else. Great t see Derrick shoot and make that 3 without any hesitation.

Chris has really improved his free throw shooting.

Markedman
12-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Butler only beat Ball Sate by 1? It was at Ball State...........:confused: