PDA

View Full Version : Hunt on LW Leaving

TheSultan
12-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Very well said.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/departure-of-ad-larry-williams-might-be-best-for-marquette-b99164322z1-235958751.html

kneelb4zerg
12-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Props to Hunt here. He takes a lot of criticism but this was very insightful.

MUMac
12-15-2013, 08:53 PM
That may have been Hunt's best piece. Did not hide anything and hit on all points.

Halo
12-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Agree with you 3. Well done Hunt and sums it perfectly. Hunt can write when he wants. I just think he has forgotten his roots of covering a team and wants to do as little as possible. Columns like this show what he is capable of and wish he would have more on MU.

Awilhelmscream
12-15-2013, 09:09 PM
That was an absolutely fantastic piece that articulated the thoughts of many of the "LW supporters" and "detractors" alike in a way that could only be done by someone with no emotional attachment to the program. I still don't like the way Hunt writes about the program for the most part but I need to applaud him for this piece.

Markedman
12-15-2013, 09:37 PM
Yep...excellent article that was obviously well researched.

TulsaWarrior
12-16-2013, 07:43 AM
Hunt on the money. A good writer and journalist when he wants to be.

Nukem2
12-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Hunt on the money. A good writer and journalist when he wants to be.

This is more of an opinion piece, which is up Hunt's alley. Otherwise, his role as a college BB beat writer is tarnished by his lack of verifying factual info and his tendency to view sports through the eye of a pro sports guy. But, give him credit for this piece.

Halo
12-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Some real good stuff here. Wow is that an angry, bitter group of white males. Oh, the outrage!

So, because UW kicked their players out with a big press release and MU's players were also sent packing, but quietly-that means MU has no moral compass?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/68685/MU-AD-resigns?page=2#.UrCjPmRDuHs

MUBasketball
12-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Some real good stuff here. Wow is that an angry, bitter group of white males. Oh, the outrage!

So, because UW kicked their players out with a big press release and MU's players were also sent packing, but quietly-that means MU has no moral compass?

http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/68685/MU-AD-resigns?page=2#.UrCjPmRDuHs

There are entirely too many links to Badger message boards on this site. There are some lunatics over there...what's surprising?

kneelb4zerg
12-17-2013, 11:49 PM
There are entirely too many links to Badger message boards on this site. There are some lunatics over there...what's surprising?

Yeah I'm getting sick of it.

Maybe link when they say something complimentary. That would be news.

Halo
12-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Sorry. Not much else out here right now. For those that live in the Wisconsin area however, I am amazed how many UW Fans take as fact the stuff they read on the internet. There are things I do not like to read, so I ignore them. But I don't comment on them. Do you what you want as you are paying customer here, just like me.