PDA

View Full Version : Hunt on Wilson and Taylor and more

milkbone
12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/goldeneagles.html

Phantom Warrior
12-13-2013, 07:26 AM
If the backcourt wasn't in such need, I'm guessing Marquette might have washed its hands of Mayo by now. He's streaky, but at least he can score now and then.

I find the first comment by Hunt unprofessional. I don't think a journalist has any business speculating on the idea that a coach might permanently dismiss a player from the program or might have permanently dismissed a player from the program.

We, as fans on a message board, might have that discussion, but a professional journalist who covers the team has no business bringing up a subject like that.

I am really disappointed in Hunt, on many levels. But I think my major issue with him relate to his speculations/guesses. I think he has lost journalistic integrity. There are amateur bloggers out there who bring more professionalism and integrity than he does.

I'm guessing that the J/S might have washed its hands of Hunt by now if things were a bit different at the J/S.

MayorBeluga
12-13-2013, 08:03 AM
If the backcourt wasn't in such need, I'm guessing Marquette might have washed its hands of Mayo by now. He's streaky, but at least he can score now and then.

I find the first comment by Hunt unprofessional. I don't think a journalist has any business speculating on the idea that a coach might permanently dismiss a player from the program or might have permanently dismissed a player from the program.

We, as fans on a message board, might have that discussion, but a professional journalist who covers the team has no business bringing up a subject like that.

I am really disappointed in Hunt, on many levels. But I think my major issue with him relate to his speculations/guesses. I think he has lost journalistic integrity. There are amateur bloggers out there who bring more professionalism and integrity than he does.

I'm guessing that the J/S might have washed its hands of Hunt by now if things were a bit different at the J/S.

Hunt was a long-time columnist but now is supposed to be a reporter. Apparently he cannot distinguish between the two. Or he doesn't care.

bleedbluegold03
12-13-2013, 08:15 AM
or he's correct? exactly how many chances does Todd Mayo get?

TheSultan
12-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Looks like that statement has been removed from the blog.

ziggysfryboy
12-13-2013, 09:18 AM

blogs are temporary, but BCB is forever. LOL

Djgoldnboy
12-13-2013, 09:53 AM

Nope, you have to scroll down to Dec 8th post.

TheSultan
12-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Nope, you have to scroll down to Dec 8th post.

Oh OK...thanks.

Just a suggestion. People should actually link to the post they are quoting, and not to just the blog itself.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234990681.html

Especially when commenting on a blog post that was made four days earlier.