PDA

View Full Version : A tough nite

Nukem2
03-23-2012, 12:27 AM
Time to say thanks to DJO and Jae. Great memories as you led us to 2 Sweet 16s. Quite an accomplishment. Your legacy will be well remembered...!

IWB
03-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Came from the locker room, devastating - especially Vander. He, Todd and Junior were probably the most broken up. I wanted to talk to Vander, had to come back to him two times, he couldn't talk. Junior too. Really is rough seeing that. I have videos of Buzz, Junior, DJO, Jamil, Vander and Jae, will start cutting them up.

mufansince72
03-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Time to say thanks to DJO and Jae. Great memories as you led us to 2 Sweet 16s. Quite an accomplishment. Your legacy will be well remembered...!

Plus 1. Great year. Totally exceeded my expectations!

ydouask23
03-23-2012, 07:15 AM
That team actually had the talent to do it. The senior leadership and some of the sophomores who played key roles. I will miss watching this team a lot.

Halo
03-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Great effort all season. Just wasn't MU's night. Looking forward to seeing who develops next year for the team.

MUMac
03-23-2012, 08:20 AM
Last night was a tough pill to swallow, but in a day or two I will reflect back on the season and what a fun ride it was. The comebacks, dominating at the Kohl Hole, Finsihing 2nd in the BE, a 3 seed, Back to back Sweet 16's ... AND Jae as BE POY. Early in the season, Jae was still a bit inconsistent. Watching him develop and become THE guy. That maturation was fun to watch. His embrace with Buzz at the end of the WVU game. Those memories are dampened today, but will be bright as the sun in a day or two.

TrevorCandelino
03-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Great season....Thought the guys played their asses off last night....If you would have told me yesterday morning that Florida would score 68 points and shoot 40%, I would have guarenteed a victory.....Shots weren't falling and foul trouble on two key players.....Wasn't their night but a hell of a run.....They will be back.

lougrant
03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes, a very rewarding season.

Time to turn the page. Already thinking how we're going to score next season. We'll likely start 3 non-scorers in JR, Blue and Otule and I don't see Jamil and either Mayo or T.J. Taylor being able to carry them like Jae and DJO did.

CaribouJim
03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Yes, a very rewarding season.

Time to turn the page. Already thinking how we're going to score next season. We'll likely start 3 non-scorers in JR, Blue and Otule and I don't see Jamil and either Mayo or T.J. Taylor being able to carry them like Jae and DJO did.

We started to see glimpses of what Mayo can be in the last couple weeks of the season so I feel good there. Vander is very frustrating - wonderful athlete and all, good defender for the most part, but the inability to close is an ongoing concern. I've wanted to ask this for awhile - does he have small hands or something? He consistently loses control of the ball when taking it to the basket. JR is another matter. I would say I was in the 99.9 percentile of supporters for him coming into this year, but IMO he really, really regressed. The careless crosscourt lob passes and handle...inconsistent ability to penetrate and dish...horrible perimeter D at times...when pressed, like last night, it is like he waits for the D to set up before heading north instead of getting the ball and moving with some sense of controlled urgency...I don't have the #'s in front of me, but it seems like his free throw shooting towards the end of the year nosedived as well - MU sure could have used 2 at the end of the first half...his shot overall did not improve although, for the most part, when he misses the ball is on line, but the distance is just a tad off...he could work on that teardrop shot as well - bring in Cordell Henry to help!!! I'm a huge fan of Jr because I think he is
one of the better pure passers MU has had - that one pass in first half to JW for example, but he has a LOT to work on for next year - hopefully he and DG can get in sync again to give MU that extra inside dimension, but I've lost a lot of confidence in him and I think he has lost a lot in himself. I think that is why you see Buzz giving him so many compliments - trying to get him to believe in himself again. Just my two cents.

CaribouJim
03-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Last night was a tough pill to swallow, but in a day or two I will reflect back on the season and what a fun ride it was. The comebacks, dominating at the Kohl Hole, Finsihing 2nd in the BE, a 3 seed, Back to back Sweet 16's ... AND Jae as BE POY. Early in the season, Jae was still a bit inconsistent. Watching him develop and become THE guy. That maturation was fun to watch. His embrace with Buzz at the end of the WVU game. Those memories are dampened today, but will be bright as the sun in a day or two.

One of the better Senior Nights as well - win over G-Town and the crisp ceremony - no long winded J. Lott speeches.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-23-2012, 09:44 AM
Look for a lot of scoring from Davante next year, I think if healthy he can average 15 ppg... Then Mayo can average 10, Blur with 10 and I think Jamil can average 10... I think we will be able to score, it's just going to come from a couple places as opposed to just two guys.

CaribouJim
03-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Look for a lot of scoring from Davante next year, I think if healthy he can average 15 ppg... Then Mayo can average 10, Blur with 10 and I think Jamil can average 10... I think we will be able to score, it's just going to come from a couple places as opposed to just two guys.

A healthy Davante can bring a double double next year in points and rebounds and I think Mayo can be in the 12-13 range as well. If Otule is on the team and gets healthy by BE conference games and give 10 - 15 minutes of solid low post D that will go a long way. I see J Wilson having a breakout season next year.

Goose85
03-23-2012, 10:21 AM
I see J Wilson having a breakout season next year.

Agree with Caribou - I really think J. Wilson will have a great season and become our team leader too.

J Wilson - 15 per game, defensive stud and close to double digit boards.
Mayo - He will need to have that 12 - 15 point per game type season (some nights most from 3 point land).
Davante / Otule - They need to combine for 15 points and 15 boards (assuming Otule is able to play).
Vander - needs to get 10 and do so by finishing near the hoop.
Junior - improve his short jump shot, but I see him setting the others up more than scoring. I'd say 6 points per game.

I think the real wild card for next season may be Jake Thomas. Can he come in and hit a couple threes per game? Seems most teams that make runs have that three point shooter and I know he can drill them.