PDA

View Full Version : Hunt is a moron

MUBasketball
12-08-2013, 09:47 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/234990681.html

"I don't think the 5-4 Golden Eagles could have won at No. 8 Wisconsin with the suspended Todd Mayo, but it's pretty clear they could have used him."

So Marquette couldn't have won a game which was a 3 point game with a minute to go even with a potentially big scorer like Mayo? Wow....

kneelb4zerg
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
But they could have used him. Okay then.

warriorfan4life
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Frightening that this clown is the first source of information about Marquette for many sports fans in the Milwaukee community.

pbiflyer
12-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Frightening that this clown is the first source of information about Marquette for many sports fans in the Milwaukee community.

Come on, without Hunt, many wouldn't know that playing in Israel is "knocking around in Europe."

TheSultan
12-09-2013, 08:20 AM
I think you guys are looking for reasons to be upset here.

MUBasketball
12-09-2013, 09:34 AM

I don't think so. Hunt doesn't think Marquette could have won the game with Mayo? That's a completely ridiculous comment. They almost beat them without him! You'd think it was a 20 point loss. If he plays and scores a few buckets, the outcome is likely different.

I wouldn't call him a moron if this wasn't another in a long stretch of laughable blunders in his blog posts.

Nukem2
12-09-2013, 09:37 AM

Yeah, who knows what would have happened. Hunt is not very good, but I don't think he said anything out of order here.

Actually, if one wants to take issue with Hunt re this blog, its his reference to Jake Thomas. Hmm...if Vander was still here, there would be no Jake as he was going to transfer but opted to come back when Vander put his name in the NBA draft.

MUBasketball
12-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Well OK, I guess nobody else found his comment ridiculous. Kind of surprised by that. The game was up for grabs at the end...and this creep (seriously, get a hair cut or at least put some shampoo in it now and then) says they had no chance even with Mayo?

TheSultan
12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Well OK, I guess nobody else found his comment ridiculous. Kind of surprised by that. The game was up for grabs at the end...and this creep (seriously, get a hair cut or at least put some shampoo in it now and then) says they had no chance even with Mayo?

Then stop reading what he writes.

He should have replaced "could" with "would," but really the constant whining about what other people say about Marquette, etc. drives me nuts. Just shut it out of your life if it bothers you so much.

Gato78
12-09-2013, 10:40 AM
I think Hunt deserves significant criticism because he has made a lot of mistakes about MU over the past year. Stuff he would know or better understand just reading the boards--which most writers do to keep up. He is also due criticism when compared to Rosiak who was on top of the program and proved to be excellent. If Rosiak garnered an A for his work, Hunt gets a C-. You could even compare him to Potrykus who does a very good job AND he covers both football and basketball for Bucky. Granted, Potykus is a cheerleader, but he knows his subject matter. Suggesting the outcome would be the same with or without Mayo is just foolish.

MUBasketball
12-09-2013, 10:58 AM
Then stop reading what he writes.

He should have replaced "could" with "would," but really the constant whining about what other people say about Marquette, etc. drives me nuts. Just shut it out of your life if it bothers you so much.

I would agree with you if I was complaining about something written by Fran or some other lunatic on their message boards. This is a blog by an actal writer who covers the team. Was just looking for opinions on what others thought is all.

I just think he's lazy is my only issue with him. We were spoiled with Rosiak for sure.

Markedman
12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I agree with you MU……To me he seems to take a dig at MU in virtually every article/post. Very strange for a beat writer to do that with a college program.

I am not a fan of his.

mufan2003
12-09-2013, 12:58 PM
To add to that, I understand grammatical issues are not the end of the world, but it seems in every blog post that a player is named Jake Wilson, Davante Burton, etc. Seriously, in each blog he posts, there is one complete F up of a player's name, sometimes two or three. Now how hard is it to get the players' names correct when you are the beat writer. Do blogs go through editing? Is there some Badger fan at the Journal Sentinel who is in charge of editing.....giggling behind the scenes? Really, it is getting to be quite pathetic and inexcusable. Even if unintentional, it comes off as disrespectful through the lake of care to get the names accurate.

MUBasketball
12-09-2013, 01:34 PM
To add to that, I understand grammatical issues are not the end of the world, but it seems in every blog post that a player is named Jake Wilson, Davante Burton, etc. Seriously, in each blog he posts, there is one complete F up of a player's name, sometimes two or three. Now how hard is it to get the players' names correct when you are the beat writer. Do blogs go through editing? Is there some Badger fan at the Journal Sentinel who is in charge of editing.....giggling behind the scenes? Really, it is getting to be quite pathetic and inexcusable. Even if unintentional, it comes off as disrespectful through the lake of care to get the names accurate.

I definitely agree, and this blog post in addition to the Mayo comment also referenced Jake Wilson. If I were a writer and it was my profession, I would make damn sure that everything I was putting out on the internet as part of my job was accurate. It's like he just throws crap together in a hurry and there are almost always errors. Has he no pride in his work? Maybe he's near retirement and just doesn't give a crap, I have no idea?

Nukem2
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
The guy even looks lazy and unkempt...ignore him.

MUAlphaBangura
12-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Do you get that this clown is all the local casual fan has for Marquette basketball info? The vast majority of fans don't frequent MU message boards to get their info. They read the local paper or read the JSOnline articles written by this tool. We all know he is full of sh!!!t, but they don't. And unfortunately, they have no reason not to believe what he writes. Hell, the local casual fan believes we beat out Cleveland St. for Satchel Pierce. So, No, we are not just looking for reasons to be upset here.

TheSultan
12-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Nevermind....carry on with the persecution complex.

Maddening....

kneelb4zerg
12-09-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't think it's persecution, but there is likely something to the fact that the Badgers get a fanboy for daily coverage and Marquette gets a disinterested troll. Meaning that the JS doesn't care about quality MU coverage and especially doesn't care if said coverage infuriates marquette fans.

warriorfan4life
12-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Do you get that this clown is all the local casual fan has for Marquette basketball info? The vast majority of fans don't frequent MU message boards to get their info. They read the local paper or read the JSOnline articles written by this tool. We all know he is full of sh!!!t, but they don't. And unfortunately, they have no reason not to believe what he writes. Hell, the local casual fan believes we beat out Cleveland St. for Satchel Pierce. So, No, we are not just looking for reasons to be upset here.

That puts it very well. Personally, I would not give a crap if the J/S sent a drunk monkey to cover Marquette, as I know that there are many better avenues for information. However, not everyone is as invested in Marquette and will care to seek out the necessary alternatives.

Gato78
12-10-2013, 08:19 AM
The "persecution complex" did not exist when Rosiak was covering MU.

Nevermind....carry on with the persecution complex.

Maddening....

MulliganMusings
12-10-2013, 10:04 AM

Have to agree with Gato. I think Mr. Hunt's greatest offense is that he's lazy. It's reflected in his writing which displays a lack of understanding of the sport in general, the specific team he is covering and the numerous errors of fact and grammar that populate his writings. He really sheds no light on the program and offers no insightful coverage.

TheSultan
12-10-2013, 10:04 AM

Maybe not with the MJS...

Nukem2
12-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Maybe not with the MJS...We are speaking of the MJS in this thread, no...?

TheSultan
12-10-2013, 10:43 AM
We are speaking of the MJS in this thread, no...?

Yes....but this is just a symptom of a larger, more annoying problem with a great deal of the MU fanbase. It extends to sports radio, local sports television coverage, etc.

Nukem2
12-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Yes....but this is just a symptom of a larger, more annoying problem with a great deal of the MU fanbase. It extends to sports radio, local sports television coverage, etc.I get that, but this thread is not going there as its about Hunt....you are adding fuel to the fire.

TheSultan
12-10-2013, 05:02 PM
I get that, but this thread is not going there as its about Hunt....you are adding fuel to the fire.

It's a symptom of a larger problem. It's on-topic. If you don't like that I said what I said, take it up with the moderator. :rolleyes:

Nukem2
12-10-2013, 05:26 PM
It's a symptom of a larger problem. It's on-topic. If you don't like that I said what I said, take it up with the moderator. :rolleyes:
Actually it's not relevant here. But you are welcome to your opinion... :)

MUBasketball
12-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Losing is great...everybody is in such a great mood around here!! :cool: