PDA

View Full Version : Assist to Turnover Ratio

ge1974
12-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Marquette had only seven assists to nine turnovers while Wisconsin had fourteen assists to seven turnovers.

Derrick Wilson played 39 minutes and was able to create only one assist. Geez. He did have ONE nice old-fashioned three point play. Jake Thomas played 26 minutes, took one missed shot and had one assist. Geez.

65 minutes of backcourt play by our starters today which resulted in three points and two assists. We are SEVERELY backrupt of offense. Conversely, Wisconsin's starting guards played 65 mnutes, as well and had 25 points , 7 assits and ZERO turnovers. Its not like Derrick and Jake are creating turnovers. Where is the value in having these guys on the court?

I know Dawson and Johnson are only freshmen and may not bring the "D" every play but we can't go on with the current backcourt getting this kind of playing time. Opposing defenses, like Wisconsin are sagging and daring Derrick to take the three, which he isn't. However, this makes it tougher for our guys down low as defenses are getting addtional help down low.

I know the backcourt subject has been discussed ad nauseum but the numbers/facts today are VERY telling. Buzz has limited options but he needs to come up with better player lineup rotation.

Its a message board...these are my thoughts. I am a huge Buzz fan and think we'll get better but changes are necessary.

MUMac
12-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I commented today to my Badger friends that this is not an offense I am used to. Not much slashing. A lot of ball movement on the outside, without much attacking. Mayo would have made a difference, but it is tough to watch our guard play after what we have seen the past several years.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Dawson has shown nothing to indicate he is ready. Putting him out there for extended minutes would likely only exacerbate the problems.