PDA

View Full Version : I had to give up my Madison tickets

Mucrisco
12-05-2013, 11:57 AM
As a high school coach, I am part of the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association. The Badgers sent out an e-mail to all the members saying that they are giving us free tickets to a game of our choice. We were to choose the games we wanted to see and rank them. They told us to pick non conference games that were not well attended. Obviously, I had no desire to go watch the majority of Badger games, so I ranked the Marquette game as my first choice, and Michigan as my second. I did this, half jokingly, not expecting to get either. But, to my amazement, they gave me Marquette tickets. Unfortunately, I have to coach a game at that time. So, I will be unable to attend. In order to get the tickets, I had to show up and pick them up with a picture ID. So, I had to call them up and tell them that I am unable to attend, or I would lose privileges for free tickets in the future. I know, that's a "major threat" to me, but perhaps I can get free tickets to a Marquette game in the future.

TheSultan
12-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Shouldn't the day of the MU / UW game be an automatic coaching black out day? :D

Mucrisco
12-05-2013, 12:22 PM
That's what I've been saying for years!