PDA

View Full Version : Brennan on MU

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-05-2013, 10:21 AM
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=collegebasketballnation&id=90796&src=desktop

kneelb4zerg
12-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Actually, it's Metcalfe. And I agree with what most posters are saying in the scoop thread, the term "must win" is inappropriate here and overused. It's a "this would be a great and really important game for us to win" game.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-05-2013, 10:48 AM
You're right... I just assumed Brennan because he tweeted it... That said he doesn't say its a must win...

Gato78
12-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Medcalf is originally from Bayside (or Fox Point). Went to Nicolet. Keeps pretty good tabs on MU.

kneelb4zerg
12-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Only reason I mentioned it was Medcalf is that I think he was the one who ranked us 16th out of the S16 teams last year, raising the ire of Trent Lockett, Buzz, and the rest of the team.

warriorfan4life
12-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Not a must win, especially just to get in the tourney. However, a win in this game could distinguish us when discussing the say 3-6 seeds in the tourney (which is range we normally are in under Buzz). Win this game and NM game, and win the 13-14 Big East games that I still expect to, and we should be good for 3-4 seed. If we lose Saturday, then we are quickly looking at a ceiling of a 5-6 seed.

GOMU1104
12-05-2013, 04:05 PM
The only "must-wins" are the ones that determine the course of your season.

If we lose Saturday, can we make the tournament...yes.

If we win Saturday, could we still possibly miss the tournament...yes.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Under that theory GOMU then no individual game is a "must win" but it does take a collection of wins to make the tournament and part of that is what you did in non-conference... So far the answer to that question is nothing... We need to win either the NM and/or UW game to get a top 4 seed. Sure you can play the scenario that we could lose those two and win out and still get a top 4 seed but we all know that's not going to happen... When they use the term "must win" it's relative and not necessarily literal. Personally I think people are nitpicking, it's a very important game for us to win as it's one of our last non conference games to make a statement and I have said before that I firmly believe if we lose to UW and NM it's time to panic.