PDA

View Full Version : Touch down in Phoenix

IWB
03-22-2012, 05:29 PM
You know you're having a bad day when..... you write an entire pre-game story and when you go to load it in the airport crashes your laptop.

Oh well, I'll have to start again. In Phoenix - awesome area around the stadium. Massive plaza with people everywhere. Baseball stadium is right next door, people loving the weather, and I'm loving the Louisville cheerleaders.

Not that anyone cares, but last week I described the media work area.... this week the media room is in the Phoenix Suns' practice gym. Pretty nice having it inside the stadium.

As you are facing the benches I am told, but haven't confirmed, that MU will be on the right side (I will be across from the other bench). Good to see Brad Galli down here covering MSU. The Journal will double up, as Tom Enlund will be here and I ran into our good friend Todd Rosiak, who is up here for the day.

Will post as much as I can, if you have questions - fire away, I will find out what I can.

Side note: Also, light rail is awesome. Asked at the airport about transportation and the guy told me that the cab ride would be $25-$30. Then he said a shuttle takes people to the light rail station. 10 minute light rail ride for $1.75 and it takes you to within a block of the stadium.

IWB
03-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Ok, I don't mean to sound rude, but just saw the host site media staff. In other words, the ASU student media? Wow. The girls at Ole Miss may have some competition.

WarriorOMalley82
03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
Ok, I don't mean to sound rude, but just saw the host site media staff. In other words, the ASU student media? Wow. The girls at Ole Miss may have some competition.

Jim love the new site, but you can't make comments like that without visual aids. Pictures my man. Congrats on new site.

IWB
03-22-2012, 06:56 PM
First Muhammad Ali in the house, now Dick & Donna Strong walk in with Tony LaRussa & Albert Pujols.

ydouask23
03-22-2012, 07:21 PM

easy big fella my sister went to ASU

IWB
03-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes - I know. And she was a Phoenix Cardinal cheerleader. But that's not what made her attractive to me, the fact that she dined on BBQ ribs at my house is what makes me say hubba hubba!

IWB
03-22-2012, 08:45 PM
Milwaukee Brewer Nyjer Morgan - aka "T- Plush"

CaribouJim
03-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Nice shirt - these at the Spirit Shop as well I wonder?

IWB
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
There's more....

ydouask23
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
awesome pic of morgan!