PDA

View Full Version : OT: We need...

ValiantSailor
11-30-2013, 07:46 PM
...what they're drinking in Auburn. Two unbelievable finishes in a row.

VS

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-30-2013, 09:42 PM
That was insane... I'm pulling for them to jump Ohio St., I think the big 10 is really overrated.

pbiflyer
11-30-2013, 10:07 PM
My only disappointment is that FSU will win the championship without facing the best if they end up with OSU.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-30-2013, 10:40 PM
@McMurphyESPN: Projected BCS standings by @JBradEdwards 1. FSU, 2. Ohio State, 3, Auburn, 4. Alabama, 5. Missouri

TheSultan
11-30-2013, 11:01 PM
@McMurphyESPN: Projected BCS standings by @JBradEdwards 1. FSU, 2. Ohio State, 3, Auburn, 4. Alabama, 5. Missouri

Interesting to see what happens if Ohio State beats MSU and Auburn beats Mizzou.

Assuming FSU beats Duke of course.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Will be interesting if Auburn loses to Mizzou, and Ohio St. Loses to MSU... Do they take Mizzou or Bama then? I'm just hoping OSU doesn't get to the national championship, they aren't the second best team in my opinion. Their schedule was awful.

TheSultan
11-30-2013, 11:20 PM
One of the big flaws in the BCS in my opinion is that it allows non-champions to get into the championship game. Alabama should not get a chance to get back into the championship game if it can't win its conference.

MUMac
12-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Mizzou can make an argument that their only loss came while their QB was out. I agree with the comment by Sultan that non-champions should not be allowed in the championship game. OSU may be the weakest #2 in history. I am hoping that Duke beats FSU and MSU beats OSU. Get all those one loss teams arguing over who should go.

wiscwarrior
12-01-2013, 12:45 PM
One of the big flaws in the BCS in my opinion is that it allows non-champions to get into the championship game. Alabama should not get a chance to get back into the championship game if it can't win its conference.

Why should college football differ from college basketball? Non champions in basketball can win a national championship. Same in pro football or basketball.

MUMac
12-01-2013, 01:11 PM
Why should college football differ from college basketball? Non champions in basketball can win a national championship. Same in pro football or basketball.

Those other sports you mention have tournaments or playoffs. Football takes the top 2 teams as decided by the BCS rules. Apples and oranges.

TheSultan
12-01-2013, 03:02 PM
The entire argument of the BCS system versus a playoff is that the regular season should matter. Well if the regular season does matter, and a team can't get it done within the conference, then they should automatically be excluded from the championship.

ValiantSailor
12-01-2013, 04:45 PM
After this year, the BCS is dead, and a playoff starts. We'll see how long it takes before the playoff goes into February. The university presidents have already declared football money trumps everything else, so it will only be a matter of time before the football playoffs extend across multiple weekends, ala CBB.

VS

MayorBeluga
12-01-2013, 07:57 PM
After this year, the BCS is dead, and a playoff starts. We'll see how long it takes before the playoff goes into February. The university presidents have already declared football money trumps everything else, so it will only be a matter of time before the football playoffs extend across multiple weekends, ala CBB.

VS

But, what about the lost classroom time? Doesn't this take away from the "student" side of "student-athlete"??? Won't anyone think of the students? [end sarcasm]

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-02-2013, 08:31 AM
If Ohio State is undefeated, there is no way they shouldn't be in the championship game. I don't care about the SEC strength of schedule, Ohio State didn't lose to a 3-loss team in their league. The system is sham enough without adding that kind of complication in.