PDA

View Full Version : Fullerton Thread

Nukem2
11-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Sloppy start to the game. Keep feeding Davante.

Markedman
11-28-2013, 04:11 PM
3 point D needs to tighten up.....

Nukem2
11-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Great half by Jamil. Hope this can translate over time. Davante huge on the defensive boards!

warriorfan4life
11-28-2013, 04:29 PM
3 point D needs to tighten up.....

Absolutely this. I think we have gotten the offense in a groove (though Fullertons D is almost as bad as Grambling). However, the rotations on D have been awful. Need JJJ to keep getting it, because his length and athleticism will be big help in that regard.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Need JJJ to keep getting it, because his length and athleticism will be big help in that regard.

While it's evident JJJ doesn't get it yet, I think eventually he will be a beast defensively. He has great hands and quick reflexes. Not sure he'll be a great man defender (though with his length he could be) but I could see him developing into a Jerel type in terms of making steals and getting it going in transition.

Nukem2
11-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Jake is having a forgettable game on both ends.

bleedbluegold03
11-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Nukem2 how dare you speak negatively of a player, I'd motion for your immediate removal from the Marquette fanbase.

kneelb4zerg
11-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Nukem2 how dare you speak negatively of a player, I'd motion for your immediate removal from the Marquette fanbase.
What a victim you are.

MU/Panther
11-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Great to see JJ get some points on the board.

MUMac
11-28-2013, 08:08 PM
Great to see JJ get some points on the board.

I like the way he has started to play. I see what the hype was about him. He is going to be a really good one and fun to watch.

It was nice to see Duane suit up. He can't be that far behind.

mufansince72
11-28-2013, 08:52 PM
I like the way J3 played today. Dwill was unspectacular, but ran the team decently. Jamil was on fire in the first half, but disappeared again in the second half. Jake was a sieve on defense. Buzz must be frustrated with this puzzle of a team.

MUMac
11-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I like the way J3 played today. Dwill was unspectacular, but ran the team decently. Jamil was on fire in the first half, but disappeared again in the second half. Jake was a sieve on defense. Buzz must be frustrated with this puzzle of a team.

Not really sure what your expectations of DWill or a PG are, but I am guessing he will never live up to them in your eyes. I will take 5 assists, 2 steals and 6 points out of him every game. He ran an efficient offense.

Jamil was not needed in the 2nd half. He took the team on his shoulders when he needed to. The game was effectively over at halftime.

mufansince72
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I said he ran the team decently, that would live up to my expectations.

MUMac
11-28-2013, 09:15 PM
I said he ran the team decently, that would live up to my expectations.

I misread your intent, then. The "unspectacular" comment seemed like another criticism of him from you. If it was not intended that way, I retract my previous comment.

mufansince72
11-28-2013, 09:23 PM
If he can be unspectacular, and run the team as well as he did today and against ASU, I will be satisfied with his play. I would like a better point guard, but he is servicable if he can play all year like he has the last two games. I was critical of him in the first four or so games, because he stunk up the joint and did not even demand the attention of the opposing defense. A drive here or there to the basket will at least make the other team guard him, which is what he has done the last two games.

MUMac
11-28-2013, 09:37 PM
If he can be unspectacular, and run the team as well as he did today and against ASU, I will be satisfied with his play. I would like a better point guard, but he is servicable if he can play all year like he has the last two games. I was critical of him in the first four or so games, because he stunk up the joint and did not even demand the attention of the opposing defense. A drive here or there to the basket will at least make the other team guard him, which is what he has done the last two games.

I agree with almost everything you just said. My only disagreement is with your initial criticism last week. Other than that, everything you wrote sums up my thoughts.

mufansince72
11-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Not really sure what your expectations of DWill or a PG are, but I am guessing he will never live up to them in your eyes. I will take 5 assists, 2 steals and 6 points out of him every game. He ran an efficient offense.

Jamil was not needed in the 2nd half. He took the team on his shoulders when he needed to. The game was effectively over at halftime.

I agree with your comment about Jamil. With that said, this kind of underscores what his biggest criticism has been over the years. A player with that killer instinct after a great first half, would probably come out and be really aggressive, try to set a personal scoring record, and just dominate. He just floated around and did nothing until a 5 point spurt late in the game if memory serves.

Halo
11-29-2013, 07:13 AM
MU starting to look like a typical MU team. I loved how immediately when Gardner was double teamed in low post from the PG, DWill slashed to the hoop, received a pass and dumped to Jamil or took it up himself. Great ball movement and make teams pay for doubling down on Davante. We need more of that because DWill was simply sitting out top in the past chucking up missed 3's.

This team starting to come around.

TheSultan
11-29-2013, 09:23 AM
[/B]

I agree with your comment about Jamil. With that said, this kind of underscores what his biggest criticism has been over the years. A player with that killer instinct after a great first half, would probably come out and be really aggressive, try to set a personal scoring record, and just dominate. He just floated around and did nothing until a 5 point spurt late in the game if memory serves.

Jamil has a 20 point first half, and we're going to debate the lack of a "killer instinct" in the second half of a 20 point blow out??? :rolleyes:

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-29-2013, 09:41 AM
[/B]

He already had a personal scoring record. And are we also going to say DJO didn't have a killer instinct? He more than anyone I remember would have one red-hot half and one mediocre half. The game was in hand because Jamil dominated the first half and was aggressive. The game was never really a game once the second half was a couple minutes old. Jamil was fine. Great performance from him and really answered the bell.

MUMac
11-29-2013, 10:03 AM
He already had a personal scoring record. And are we also going to say DJO didn't have a killer instinct? He more than anyone I remember would have one red-hot half and one mediocre half. The game was in hand because Jamil dominated the first half and was aggressive. The game was never really a game once the second half was a couple minutes old. Jamil was fine. Great performance from him and really answered the bell.

Agreed. I am more concerned with how he plays today than the 2nd half yesterday. He had a great half and effectively put the game away. Today if he plays well again, shows more consistency that MU needs than yesterday's 2nd half.

pbiflyer
11-29-2013, 11:06 AM
It struck me that Jamil played the role of facilitator in the second half, especially when Dawson was in there. Saw where he was at the point and Dawson was at the wing a few times? Perhaps that is what Buzz was having them work on.
Also, our lead grew in the second half, so I a, okay with how it went.