PDA

View Full Version : Jake Thomas deserves a 2nd thread

mufan2003
11-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Text message from a close friend early......"why does Jake Thomas play?" I replied that he does not miss in practice or in Ganzer's summer league. Then Thomas starts to hit. I hope Jake Thomas starts to figure it out, he is likely the best shooter on our team, just needs some confidence. Buzz always said when Lazar had 10 toes pointed at the rim, he is comfortable with Lazar shooting the 3. On the final play, Jake was coming off a screen on the 3 point line. Would rather have had Gardner with the ball in the post....read the defense....either take it or kick it out to Jake Thomas with10 toes pointed at the rim. Despite the loss tonight, MU got better tonight.

MUMac
11-26-2013, 05:12 AM
He was a different player in the 2nd half. I wonder if Buzz got on him at half time. Telling him he needs to look for his shot more often. The team needed offense and he did not pass up the open looks in the 2nd half, like he did in the first half. If the 2nd half Jake is the real Jake, MU will be fine. If he reverts to his first half Jake, not so much. Hopefully this clicked for him and the team.

The Reptile
11-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Regardless, his arrival could have not come at a better time. We needed him to do what he did in the 2nd half to be competitive and clearly when his shot is on we are a MUCH (can't stress that word enough) better team. I hope that he's here to stay.

Nukem2
11-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Regardless, his arrival could have not come at a better time. We needed him to do what he did in the 2nd half to be competitive and clearly when his shot is on we are a MUCH (can't stress that word enough) better team. I hope that he's here to stay.

Hope so as well. Though, ASU was just one game. Also, ASU's defensive philosophy seemed to be to funnel everyone to the big guy Bachynski and take a chance on MU's outside shooting. So, MU may have gotten more open looks than normal...?