PDA

View Full Version : Jake Thomas

Mucrisco
11-25-2013, 09:58 PM
I think he's giving us all the finger right now. Good for him.

MUMac
11-25-2013, 09:59 PM

I felt a double blast come my way. I gladly accepted it with a smile.

Awilhelmscream
11-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Eh. He gets 20+ and I'll eat my words ;)

Gato78
11-25-2013, 10:23 PM
Jake and Derrick laughing at the message boards tonight.

warriorfan4life
11-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Jake and Derrick laughing at the message boards tonight.

They play anywhere near the level they did tonight consistently and we will be in great shape. I think Jake is streaky, but tonight's performance has opened up things for our bigs for a good long time.

MUfan12
11-25-2013, 10:41 PM
They play anywhere near the level they did tonight consistently and we will be in great shape. I think Jake is streaky, but tonight's performance has opened up things for our bigs for a good long time.

Agreed. Derrick was sensational tonight. Just need to get Jake going a little earlier.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Both were outstanding and I am gladly eating crow.

Despite their performances, I think it is obvious that JJ needs some more tick---kid is exciting and creates for others. Also, solid defensively.

MUBasketball
11-25-2013, 10:44 PM
Where the hell is mufansince72 tonight? Still think Derrick sucks?

bleedbluegold03
11-25-2013, 10:46 PM
i'll get in line for the serving of crow. finally saw what Buzz apparently was seeing from those two. put up a couple more nights like that against decent competition and I'll buy in to them both getting extended minutes. After the 1-14 day combined against OSU, I'll call it a wash with tonight's performance

mufansince72
11-25-2013, 10:49 PM
Where the hell is mufansince72 tonight? Still think Derrick sucks?

I said two or three times that he really stepped it up. His best game at MU by far. If he can play like this the rest of the year, there is reason for optimisim.

MUAlphaBangura
11-25-2013, 11:22 PM

"Us all"????? Just sayin.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Derrick's been showing these flashes all year. This was the first time he put it together for 40 minutes. Great game by him. Jake played well over what I expected. He needs to show he can be a threat consistently. Really liked Jake's drive, especially as it was an "eat crow" moment for me. A friend texted that he was just chilling on the perimeter and I complained that he never even tried to drive. Next thing I know, he's draining a couple threes and driving to the rim. Looked like a totally different player tonight. Well on him.

warriorfan4life
11-25-2013, 11:38 PM
I think Derrick Wilson can do something similar most nights. Not quite as sold on Jake, and still believe that Mayo will be our third lead scorer with Jamil and Gardner, but again he now has enough film to where coaches can no longer game plan to abandon him on the perimeter and sag in the lane. I still think our best success will come in a littler slower paced games, but nice to see that we can reasonably keep up with a high powered, efficient offense like Arizona State.