PDA

View Full Version : WTMJ will no longer carry the Badgers

milkbone
11-22-2013, 06:09 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/233056621.html?ipad=y

MU_Iceman
11-22-2013, 08:12 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/233056621.html?ipad=y

MU....your table is ready. If they could somehow get themselves on WTMJ...wow.

IWB
11-22-2013, 09:04 PM
It will follow, I'm sure it is all part of the same package.

TedBaxter
11-23-2013, 12:25 AM
MU....your table is ready. If they could somehow get themselves on WTMJ...wow.

So MU can play second fiddle to the Bucks and have their games farmed out to another station 80% of the time? Of course, the Bucks may not even be in Milwaukee much longer the way things are going.

Gato78
11-23-2013, 08:53 AM
If MU left ESPN540 it would be best to go to WSSP. They do a much better job with local sports and I think they have higher ratings.

TulsaWarrior
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
In the years to come the over the air station will not be as important as a healthy robust Internet site. I'd opt for a consistent place on the radio dial for local fans and a killer Internet presence. Perhaps a strong partnership between a broadcaster and the school's production team with game coverage, coach's shows, audio and video files. (files available on demand for all games and features) The best marketing for Marquette would have a truly integrated media presence.

IWB
11-23-2013, 12:47 PM
If MU left ESPN540 it would be best to go to WSSP. They do a much better job with local sports and I think they have higher ratings.

I don't know that they do a better job with local sports, it all comes down to the on air personalities and I would take Homer and Drew Olsen over Wickett and Sparky any day. The biggest reason why their ratings are so much higher than ESPN is that ESPN has a pretty poor signal. You can't drive 5 miles without ESPN's signal going in and out a few times.

MU has a strong relationship with Karmazin and ESPN and I don't see them leaving anytime soon, but if they did, my guess is that they would end up with 920 which is now a Fox Sports affiliate, although they have put all of their eggs in the Wisconsin Badger basket, so that may prevent it from happening.

TheSultan
11-23-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't know that they do a better job with local sports, it all comes down to the on air personalities and I would take Homer and Drew Olsen over Wickett and Sparky any day. The biggest reason why their ratings are so much higher than ESPN is that ESPN has a pretty poor signal. You can't drive 5 miles without ESPN's signal going in and out a few times.

MU has a strong relationship with Karmazin and ESPN and I don't see them leaving anytime soon, but if they did, my guess is that they would end up with 920 which is now a Fox Sports affiliate, although they have put all of their eggs in the Wisconsin Badger basket, so that may prevent it from happening.

My guess is that 920 ends up with the Badger broadcasts.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-23-2013, 10:14 PM

I imagine it'd be quite the struggle for Chuck, Wickett, Sparky, and Gary to change their tune on Marquette, which would probably be a requisite if they were the flagship for MU.

MU/Panther
11-25-2013, 09:19 AM
Everyone should get Sirius XM Radio and listen to channel 91. College Sports Channel!