PDA

View Full Version : UW Looking impressive

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Looks like Wisconsin is no longer the slow playing team we are use to, Kamisky has 41 pts already on 15/17 shooting... Wow... MU is going to have to find a way to put points up.

Markedman
11-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Wisc JR C 7ft Frankie Kaminski break Wisc school record with. 43 pts in 28 min on. 16-19 FG / 6-6 3pt / 5-6 FT in W

TheSultan
11-19-2013, 09:09 PM
North Dakota is horrible. Although they were pretty impressive v. Florida.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-19-2013, 09:10 PM
And St. John's

kneelb4zerg
11-19-2013, 09:18 PM
We should just forfeit.

TheSultan
11-19-2013, 09:19 PM
Of course, no one said that, but keep acting like we did.

MU_Iceman
11-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Meh...UW has played no one yet. And don't say "they beat Florida". No they didn't...they beat Florida's JV team. Florida at full strength would have rolled them. Speaking of which, has anyone noticed UW's non conference schedule?? Can you say WEAK?? This is who they have left in Non con..

Bowling Green State
Oral Roberts
SLU(Neutral)
@Virginia
MU
UWM
E.Kentucky
Prarie View

Way to step out on the road Bo. That is one impressive non conference schedule....Wow! The Virginia game is the ACC/Big challenge, so Bo scheduled...count 'em..ONE true road game, and that was only because the contract for GB called for them to be at home this year.

kneelb4zerg
11-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Of course, no one said that, but keep acting like we did.

Yeah. I will keep doing that.

MUBasketball
11-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Meh...UW has played no one yet. And don't say "they beat Florida". No they didn't...they beat Florida's JV team. Florida at full strength would have rolled them. Speaking of which, has anyone noticed UW's non conference schedule?? Can you say WEAK?? This is who they have left in Non con..

Bowling Green State
Oral Roberts
SLU(Neutral)
@Virginia
MU
UWM
E.Kentucky
Prarie View

Way to step out on the road Bo. That is one impressive non conference schedule....Wow! The Virginia game is the ACC/Big challenge, so Bo scheduled...count 'em..ONE true road game, and that was only because the contract for GB called for them to be at home this year.

This is ridiculous.

warriorfan4life
11-19-2013, 09:45 PM
And St. John's

I make fun of Bo a ton and his coaching style is too stodgy, but Bo against Lavin is a very sizable mismatch of basketball intelligence and tactical ability. I was in awe of the stupidity of Johnnies decisions during that game, even remembering that they were coached by Lavin.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-19-2013, 09:47 PM
We should just forfeit.

So we can't compliment another team without implying we have no chance? Man you have some thin skin.

MUfan12
11-19-2013, 09:50 PM
This is fascinating.

MU scores 114 on a terrible opponent? Can't read into anything.

UW scores 103 (while allowing 55% shooting) on a terrible opponent? God, they're impressive.

kneelb4zerg
11-19-2013, 09:52 PM
So we can't compliment another team without implying we have no chance? Man you have some thin skin.
We probably aren't winning in Madison anyway, so I was only half-kidding.

warriorfan4life
11-19-2013, 09:54 PM
Grambling is a special kind of terrible, but how the hell can North Dakota allow Frank Kaminsky to score 43 points? He's a fine player, but that would be like Juan going off for 43.

warriorfan4life
11-19-2013, 10:16 PM
We probably aren't winning in Madison anyway, so I was only half-kidding.

I actually like our chances better in Madison then Tempe. Expecting a loss in both those games, although I think we match up pretty well with Bucky and have won two of our last three games there. Still think those are our only two remaining non-conference losses.

TheSultan
11-20-2013, 05:29 AM

Bowling Green State
Oral Roberts
SLU(Neutral)
@Virginia
MU
UWM
E.Kentucky
Prarie View

The BGSU and Oral Roberts games are part of the Cancun Challenge played in Madison. St. Louis is a semifinal in that tournament played in Cancun. They will play a game there the next day against either West Virginia or Old Dominion as well.

MUMac
11-20-2013, 05:35 AM
The BGSU and Oral Roberts games are part of the Cancun Challenge played in Madison. St. Louis is a semifinal in that tournament played in Cancun. They will play a game there the next day against either West Virginia or Old Dominion as well.

Plus he conveniently left out the beginning of the Schedule:

SJU (Nuetral)
Florida
@UWGB

There is a lot to criticize UW and bo about, but this schedule is not one. Yes, they have bunnies (which power team doesn't?), but SJU, Florida, GB, Virginia, SLU and the potential 2nd matchup in Cancun are not.

IWB
11-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Funny thing is, UW didn't cover. Spread was 19, they only won by 18.

MU_Iceman
11-20-2013, 08:22 AM
This is ridiculous.

No, what's ridiculous is the constant slobbering, compliment Bo and the badgers that goes on with MU fans. What's even more ridiculous is everyone here seems to be well educated, and yet have absolutely ZERO clue as to what a rivalry really is/should be. Frankly, you should be embarrassed.

MU_Iceman
11-20-2013, 08:27 AM

Wow, WVU or Old Dominion?? That's impressive, to say the least. I'm shuddering just thinking about the powers that are WVU and Old Dominion.

My point still stands, it's a WEAK schedule, much weaker than MU's, and Bo only scheduled one true road game, and in fact, if you want to get technical, he didn't even schedule it, it just came up that it was the year GB was due their home game as part of the contract.

MUBasketball
11-20-2013, 09:43 AM
No, what's ridiculous is the constant slobbering, compliment Bo and the badgers that goes on with MU fans. What's even more ridiculous is everyone here seems to be well educated, and yet have absolutely ZERO clue as to what a rivalry really is/should be. Frankly, you should be embarrassed.

I refuse to criticize a team for something that doesn't warrant criticism. I dislike the Badgers as much as anybody, but unlike the lunatics on their message board I give credit when credit is deserved.

There is nothing wrong with their schedule...at all.

They play: St. John's (who we all know is extremely talented), Florida (elite program), @ Virginia (ACC/Big 10 game - no control over the opponent), Cancun Challenge (no control over the field), all 3 state teams, and the rest are fillers of cupcakes and decent mid-major programs.

That's a good, solid non-conference schedule. To suggest otherwise is just blind hatred. Sorry, I call it like I see it.

MUBasketball
11-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Wow, WVU or Old Dominion?? That's impressive, to say the least. I'm shuddering just thinking about the powers that are WVU and Old Dominion.

My point still stands, it's a WEAK schedule, much weaker than MU's, and Bo only scheduled one true road game, and in fact, if you want to get technical, he didn't even schedule it, it just came up that it was the year GB was due their home game as part of the contract.

He has no control over the Cancun Challenge field. Teams commit to Thanksgiving tournamets years in advance and have no idea who else is in the field. Top programs cycle through the same tournaments.

You keep bringing up the GB road game and how it "just came up" that this year they were on the road due to the contract. Well....yeah. What the hell is your point? He agreed to the terms of the contract, so he agreed to a road game this year in Green Bay. No different than Buzz. He knows this year that they are at Wisconsin, so he only has to schedule one other road game (@ Arizona State). Bo knew they were on the road in the ACC/Big 10 this year and they would be @ Green Bay, so he didn't have to schedule a road game this year.

You make me bang my head against a wall.

Now, having stuck up for the Badgers, I feel dirty and will now go take a shower...!!!

IWB
11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
One thing about their schedule is Florida. Sure, Florida's backups were playing, but when they scheduled the game they didn't know that the starting lineup would be suspended and or injured.

Goose85
11-20-2013, 09:58 AM
UW's wins against St. John's, Florida and GB could look very good come tournament time as I think all three could very well be NCAA tourney teams. Nobody will care that Florida didn't have their starters then, it will just look like a W.

Prior to the season start I thought UW would go 1-2 in the first three (before Florida had their issues). That is a tough first three games of the season and they went 3-0. They aren't great, and may actually finish 5th in the Big 10 for the first time in forever, but they have gotten off to a very good start and currently deserve their ranking.

Mucrisco
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Brookfield Academy Alum, Troy Huff, put up 37 against the Badgers on 15-22 shooting.:D

Markedman
11-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Even if you are wide open its hard to make 15 of 22…pretty impressive

ziggysfryboy
11-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I was in line behind Frank the Tank at Panera one day.

That is the ZFB claim to fame for Wednesday, November 20th.

MUAlphaBangura
11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
I refuse to criticize a team for something that doesn't warrant criticism. I dislike the Badgers as much as anybody, but unlike the lunatics on their message board I give credit when credit is deserved.

There is nothing wrong with their schedule...at all.

They play: St. John's (who we all know is extremely talented), Florida (elite program), @ Virginia (ACC/Big 10 game - no control over the opponent), Cancun Challenge (no control over the field), all 3 state teams, and the rest are fillers of cupcakes and decent mid-major programs.

That's a good, solid non-conference schedule. To suggest otherwise is just blind hatred. Sorry, I call it like I see it.

Far too much common sense in your post. Stop that immediately! ;)

MUBasketball
11-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Far too much common sense in your post. Stop that immediately! ;)

Alpha, my man!

TheSultan
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM

Yes, because "well educated" people usually give into irrational feelings when making observations.

TheSultan
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM

I added them because you forgot them.

GOMU1104
11-20-2013, 03:05 PM

It has nothing to do with what a rivalry "should be..." according to you.

Rational people can, despite rivalries, acknowledge facts. I hope they lose every game, regardless of what their schedule looks like.

Stop telling people how to be fans. You've been doing it around here for far too long.

TheSultan
11-20-2013, 03:07 PM
For sh*ts and giggles....

Average final 2012-13 Kenpom ranking of MU's OOC opponents: 154.23
Average final 2012-13 Kenpom ranking of UW's OOC opponents: 136.92

(For tournaments, I took the highest rated team possible for both teams.)

So UW's OOC schedule by this measure is more impressive that MU's.

However to be fair, MU has one top 10 opponent from last year (OSU), but two to four potentially additional top 20. (WI and NM for sure, Mia and Creighton possibly)
UW has one top 10 (Fla), and one other top 20. (SLU)

But after that, Marquette's highest rated opponents are ASU (68) and Southern (165)...the rest are 200+
After that, UW has Marquette (24), Virginia (40), St. Johns (107), Eastern Kentucky (117), Green Bay (123), WVU (125), Oral Roberts (145)...the rest are 200+

So Marquette's is potentially much tougher at the top end, but really soft at the bottom. UW's is tougher throughout.

mutpm
11-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Nice work Sultan. UW's schedule is what many MU fans would consider a good non-conference schedule.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-22-2013, 03:34 PM

Bowling Green State
Oral Roberts
SLU(Neutral)
@Virginia
MU
UWM
E.Kentucky
Prarie View

This is probably the most college-basketball-ignorant post I've seen from you, Iceman. Absolutely no concept of how good an OOC Bucky is playing.

UW has by far the best non-con schedule I can remember in the Bo-era. St. John's could be a tourney team. Florida may have been depleted, but they are still a top-10 caliber team and it's not Bucky's fault they came in short-handed. Virginia and St. Louis are quality teams that should be playing in March. Green Bay, Oral Roberts, and Eastern Kentucky are all picked at or near the top of their conferences.

Bowling Green and Prairie View A&M are the only real cupcakes on their schedule. We have quite a few more punching bags than they do. All credit to Bo for actually challenging his team this year. It would not surprise me at all if their non-conference RPI ends up stronger than ours. It's a brilliantly crafted schedule.