PDA

View Full Version : Get off the ledge

TulsaWarrior
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM
The bottom line truth is Marquette fell apart in the second half against one of the better teams in the country. There's a lot of work to be done before this team can be considered for any post season tournament. This is not a team that knows its identity or knows how to play to its strengths. There is no "go to guy" yet. The thing that Buzz Williams has been able to do in his tenure is put together the parts every season. This may be his toughest assignment because of the youth and inexperience in the backcourt.

Smart people are able to use a "humility bath" like this one to reach success. We are about to find out if the Marquette players can do that. I'm betting with them. There was some intensity in the first half against Ohio State that gives me hope. Will the team measure up to past Buzz Williams' Marquette teams? I don't know. What I do know is it will be interesting and entertaining to watch what Williams and the players do to get on the right track.

Nukem2
11-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Agreed. Remember the Florida game, a couple Louisville games, that Vanderbilt fiasco. It does happen almost yearly with Buzz's teams.

I think an important thing right now is to change the starting lineup as the current one is offensively challenged (forget the Grambling game as that was a glorified exhibition).

Also, need to get Davante and Jamil together on the court as much as possible as they play well together as we've seen in the past. Need to get the frosh up to speed as well. Hopefully Duane can get healthy.