PDA

View Full Version : Alexander Trolls Illinois

bleedbluegold03
11-15-2013, 03:29 PM
what a rough, rough day for the Fighting Illini. Between Alexander and the Snider debacle, I am sure Groce is making love to his tonic and gin tonight...

http://twitpic.com/dle75j

If Diamond does this to Marquette in 12 months I'd request that all sharp objects be seized from our apt

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-15-2013, 03:30 PM
that was a low class move. Glad Jay Williams called him out for it.

Smee
11-15-2013, 03:48 PM
Nuff said. Tool.

kneelb4zerg
11-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Nuff said. Tool.

Eh, he's 17 years old. People are so easily offended these days. I thought it was funny (and I'm not so shallow to slam a teenager if he were to do the same thing to Marquette).

QuetteHoops
11-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Eh, he's 17 years old. People are so easily offended these days. I thought it was funny (and I'm not so shallow to slam a teenager if he were to do the same thing to Marquette).
Agreed I don't understand why people are offended by this. I thought it was funny.

TheSultan
11-15-2013, 03:56 PM
I think it is disrespectful. But I can't be offended by that.

MUMac
11-15-2013, 03:59 PM
I think it is disrespectful. But I can't be offended by that.

It is not even close to the first time this has happened and will happen again many, many more times. I would not do it and would not be happy if a child of mine had done that, but I am not offended by it.

Gato78
11-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Is this the death knell for Oliver Purnell? He certainly would not be on the hot seat if he got Alexander.

Markedman
11-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Brutal for Illini fans.......lol

http://deadspin.com/cliff-alexander-fakes-out-illinois-commits-to-kansas-i-1465434880?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

ziggysfryboy
11-15-2013, 04:44 PM

http://deadspin.com/cliff-alexander-fakes-out-illinois-commits-to-kansas-i-1465434880?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitte r&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

that's funny as hell.

only because it's illinois.

MUMac
11-15-2013, 05:00 PM

Their reaction is priceless. I had to laugh as they were trying to find out what just happened. At the end, one guy says, "he picked the University of". Followed by another saying, it's not "The University of Kansas, it's KU". No, they go by KU, but it is The University of Kansas.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Unrelated but the guy to the left of Cliff looks strange, sun glasses indoors? Would guess thats his dad.

MUBasketball
11-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Unrelated but the guy to the left of Cliff looks strange, sun glasses indoors? Would guess thats his dad.

Dude looks like a legit badass!

mufansince72
11-15-2013, 05:26 PM
Their reaction is priceless. I had to laugh as they were trying to find out what just happened. At the end, one guy says, "he picked the University of". Followed by another saying, it's not "The University of Kansas, it's KU". No, they go by KU, but it is The University of Kansas.

To me this is very similar to Looney not choosing Wisconsin. Same thing goes here in my opinion. When you blow up to be a top 10 kid, it's hard to stay home when you compare a Wisconsin, or in this case Illinois, to the Dukes, Kansas's and KY's of the world.

mufansince72
11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
is it true that the school actually sold tickets to Alexanders announcement?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-15-2013, 05:57 PM
is it true that the school actually sold tickets to Alexanders announcement?

according to shannon ryan of the tribune yes

warriorfan4life
11-15-2013, 06:05 PM
that's funny as hell.

only because it's illinois.

1000 percent this. In general probably not real cool, but I will make a strong exception in this instance.

mufan2003
11-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Could not care less about Illinois, but the amount of time coaching staffs put in.....then a kid literally holds a presser and "reaches and grabs" the Illini hat......only to then stop, reach over to grab and put on the Kansas hat.....then smile.

I prefer the kids who say how hard it was to call the other coaches to say he would not be coming.

Phantom Warrior
11-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Sorry, but it was a punk move. And I doubt it was spontaneous. He planned it.

It was disrespectful. If I were a coach who had just spent countless hours trying to recruit this kid, and I was one of the finalists, I'd be pissed - as in a big FU because that's basically what this kid said to the coaches that lost out on him.

I have one word for this kid - yup - PUNK!

Mucrisco
11-16-2013, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qCYErpJTF8

My buddy from Marquette, who is from Chicago, sent me this clip this morning, because he knows I hate all things Illinois. I thought it was a punk move, but I have to admit that seeing that youtube makes me laugh.