PDA

View Full Version : Nation's longest winning streak

MU Viking
11-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Until Saturday at least… South Dakota State lost tonight.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-14-2013, 10:24 PM
Middle Tennessee State is claiming they have it at 30 games...

...except they lost at home in the NIT on March 21, 2012, which makes their streak 17. They count a NIT win against Marshall about a week earlier. They also claim they won 16 home games last year but according to their schedule only played 15 home games.

MU Viking
11-14-2013, 11:23 PM
It's the middle of Tennessee. You wouldn't expect math to be a strength.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-15-2013, 12:02 AM
The reality is it really doesn't matter. I'd be willing to bet if you asked 100 college basketball fans who currently has the longest active home winning streak you might be lucky enough to get one or two that know the answer. These are the kinda of stats that matter to whatever fan bases are currently in the top 5 or so, but outside of that nobody really cares. That said I hope we extend the home streak because that means we beat Ohio St. and that does matter so I'm all in.

IWB
11-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Buzz seems to dismiss these types of things, but as often as he has dismissed this without being asked about it, that tells me that is really does mean something to him.

MUWhistler
11-15-2013, 07:06 AM
It does matter a whole lot. It is so hard to win on the road in the Big East, taking care of things at home is huge. Win everything at home and 50% on the road and you have a tourney record! Having this streak shows that you are accomplishing that, and that is why I think it matters to Buzz.

The Holmgren years were an example of this for the Packers. They went I think it was almost three straight years without a home loss at one point in his tenure. It takes a lot of pressure off of winning on the road to get into the post-season.

ValiantSailor
11-15-2013, 08:02 AM
It's the middle of Tennessee. You wouldn't expect math to be a strength.

Tell that to Vandy students...whose school is in the middle of Tennessee!

VS

kneelb4zerg
11-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Buzz seems to dismiss these types of things, but as often as he has dismissed this without being asked about it, that tells me that is really does mean something to him.

It means something to me, and all the other season ticket holders, because I've been at all of those games!

ziggysfryboy
11-15-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, MU will just have to go to MSTU and solve MSTU's problem.

unclejohn
11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
Yes, but they all come from somewhere else. Vandy is in the SEC just to boost everybody else's average. Sort of like the Simpsons episode where Lisa got an A+++ and boosted the school's average enough to keep it from closing.

MU Viking
11-15-2013, 02:36 PM
Tell that to Vandy students...whose school is in the middle of Tennessee!

VS

Should I have added a :p ?

GOMU1104
11-15-2013, 03:41 PM
All about how you phrase it. If I were the MTSU SID, I would definitely push the "longest regular season home winning streak in the nation."

The Braves do the same thing. While they're not the oldest franchise, they are the "longest contunually operating franchise" because the Reds were suspended from the NL for a season in the 1800s for selling beer and playing games on Sundays.

MU_Iceman
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM
THIS is why I used to harp on MU for losing games at home. It cost them dearly in the NCAAs in regards to seeding. Now THIS is the kind of home court advantage I have wanted/expected. Keep it going tomm MU!!