PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of shoddy Milwaukee Journal Sentinel journalism

MUMac
11-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Mike Hunt is awful. Really comes off as lazy and disinterestd. Could not believe this gem: "Meanwhile, MU remains in on 6-11 center Satchel Paige-Pierce (now
that's a great sports name) of Akron, Ohio. He has received offers from Cleveland State, Drexel and others."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231990391.html

Guess he slept on the news that Pierce is deciding between Pitt, Miami and Marquette. What a putz.

2013UnleashTheBeast
11-14-2013, 08:54 PM
His entire tenure has been one of the all-time troll jobs ever perpetuated on a fanbase. Well done, MJS. Well done indeed.

AbovetheRim
11-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I guess what is confusing to me is why people who are here and get all the MU coverage we literally can handle care so much about what is said and written about in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I am literally shocked at how outraged people are. The vast majority of people don't get their news from newspapers anymore. What's the big deal?

TulsaWarrior
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
The MJS should be in a position to dominate all sports coverage, in Wisconsin. They theoretically have professional journalists and resources to tap that other potential rivals do not have. The secret is to deliver a product you can't get, from any other source. That means information, insight and quality writing. The newspaper refuses to enter the digital age. Yes they have an online presence but conduct business like they are an afternoon print newspaper and reporters are fighting for column inches to tell a story. Hunt can be a good writer but clearly doesn't care about his professional commitment. If you work at McDonald's care about the hamburgers. Have some passion. Life is more fun that way.

MUMac
11-15-2013, 03:53 PM
I guess what is confusing to me is why people who are here and get all the MU coverage we literally can handle care so much about what is said and written about in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. I am literally shocked at how outraged people are. The vast majority of people don't get their news from newspapers anymore. What's the big deal?

If you were shocked and thought I was "outraged", well, I can see why you are confused. :rolleyes:

AbovetheRim
11-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Mike Hunt is awful. Really comes off as lazy and disinterestd. Could not believe this gem: "Meanwhile, MU remains in on 6-11 center Satchel Paige-Pierce (now
that's a great sports name) of Akron, Ohio. He has received offers from Cleveland State, Drexel and others."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/231990391.html

Guess he slept on the news that Pierce is deciding between Pitt, Miami and Marquette. What a putz.

Take a step back and say it out loud. If this doesn't convey outrage at what was written, I guess the world needs a better definition of outrage. Then again, you seem to be smarter than most of the lot around here (or at least you like to let everyone know you are), why don't you tell me what you were trying to convey with your spite? Big time "Whoops", guy.

MUMac
11-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Take a step back and say it out loud. If this doesn't convey outrage at what was written, I guess the world needs a better definition of outrage. Then again, you seem to be smarter than most of the lot around here (or at least you like to let everyone know you are), why don't you tell me what you were trying to convey with your spite? Big time "Whoops", guy.

I was actually laughing at it at the time. Nice try, guy. No whoops for me, but I am not sure what to make of your posts. Are you a psychologist? Hopefully not.

But, I am shocked at how outraged you have become over this thread. Get over it. :rolleyes:

MU/Panther
11-15-2013, 08:33 PM

Many people read the paper and the MU fan base wants things to be correct, to get the common fan informed about MU hoops.