PDA

View Full Version : Juan Anderson

Goose85
01-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Hopefully Juan is catching up and will get more minutes going forward. I really like what I see from him - looking more like the player I was impressed with from the summer pro-am. Early set backs put him behind and Buzz had said near the start of Big East play he knew a small percentage of what was going on. I really like his knack for getting rebounds.

Juan and Jamil Wilson really add some interesting skill sets and length from both the defensive and offensive end. Add in Steve Taylor next year and that will make for some long switchables that will give teams fits.

IWB
01-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Juan is a guy that has the ability to defend multiple positions, as is Jamil. They should prove to be a interesting combo in coming years. Steve Taylor will multiply the equation. Losing DJO & Jae Crowder will hurt MU, but there is a lot of talent to build on. TJ Taylor could be a pretty solid replacement for DJO, but I imagine Mayo & Vander will have a little something to say about that.

Gato78
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
What we haven't seen from Juan so far is his passing ability, mostly because he doesn't see the ball too much. When he gets more minutes, we will see a pretty good all around game. Olouma Nnamacka with better athleticism.

IWB
01-30-2012, 05:08 PM
That is a solid comparison. Was having a discussion with someone today about different types of players. There are types that come onto the floor and head to their assigned spot and hang there waiting for an opportunity. Juan is a bit like Lazar in this sense, wherever the ball his, he finds his way there - whether it is defending, rebounding, diving for loose balls - Juan not only makes the most of his minutes, he makes the most out of every damn second he's in there!